Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Looking for prescriber in Ontario, Canada

[As...]

Hello,

On June 27th, 24, I was told suddenly that my psychiatrist has retired. No warning, no transfer of care. I was a patient at this psychiatrist's private clinic. They did not tell me, a nurse at the hospital the psychiatrist also works at told me. This nurse said that because I am at a lower dose, if I became a patient there, a nurse practitioner would just fast track the taper and discharge me as soon as possible. She said that my family physician should be able to handle my care, because I am lower on my medication. My family M.D is refusing to follow my care for this and thinks another psychiatrist should oversee my medication. I am scared. I have been working with this psychiatrist for a long time. She has allowed me to determine the speed of the taper. I was nonfunctional tapering using dry cutting and liquid tapering at 5 and 1% cuts. I am doing a micro taper going down by 1/1000th per night from a liquid compound of 1.5 mg. I am now at 1.163 mg. I am more functional at this taper rate than before. I am asking if someone knows of a good physician who allows patients to determine taper rates. I only have 1 refill left of my compounded clonazepam. I will be out in August 2024! The clinic the psychiatrist worked at is not answering emails or calls, so my medical file can be transfered to another health practitioner. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

[sa...]

Hi,
Welcome to Benzobuddies
i'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your tapering management.
I had a similar situation for my antidep. withdrawal with a psychiatrist.
He didn't retired, just felt i was taking too long, stopped my prescription and left me
with my family Dr who had no clue how to deal with this.
Sadly, i don't know of any Drs in Toronto but know of this resource.
Have you called ?
https://www.ontario.ca/page/psychiatric-patient-advocate-office
There's also Outro but it will cost money
https://www.outro.com/program#pricing-table
Its expensive !!

Hoping you might find some help. Nobody should have to deal
with this while coming off a benzo.
Please take care and let us know what happened.

• Like 1

[Li...]
4 hours ago, [[s...] said:

There's also Outro but it will cost money
https://www.outro.com/program#pricing-table

Hello @[sa...].  Thank you for helping @[As...].  Might I offer a clarification?

My understanding is that Outro had to shut down its business in Canada and has recently re-launched in California USA.  Also, at this point of time, Outro only offers deprescribing support for anti-depressants, not benzodiazepines.