Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Physical anxiety attack when body relaxes

[An...]

When I take anything that relaxes me, like magnesium, ( took codiene for my head ache) cbd, I have been sent into a massive panic attack, feel nauseous, heart palpitations, shaking, feel like I’m going to D**. Has anyone had a similar experience when body is trying to relax ? 

[Th...]
7 hours ago, [[A...] said:

When I take anything that relaxes me, like magnesium, ( took codiene for my head ache) cbd, I have been sent into a massive panic attack, feel nauseous, heart palpitations, shaking, feel like I’m going to D**. Has anyone had a similar experience when body is trying to relax ? 

Absolutely. I’ve been in a wave and having panic attacks and palpitations for almost two weeks straight, and I can tell you it’s the absolute worst. Relaxing is completely off the table right now, no matter how hard I try.

Trying to convince myself by rocking back and forth on my couch that it’s the withdrawal and that I’m not checking out  of this world is an insufferable mess of a time.

This morning is actually a moment of clarity from the horror-show I’ve been experiencing.

Try laying off the magnesium and CBD for a bit. I’ve tried the same, and it seems to give me less of a tailspin.

[kn...]

I’m not sure what causes my anxiety to erupt when it seems to come out of nowhere. Most of the time it seems to have nothing to do with external events and everything to do with anticipation. The idea of never knowing what or when new symptoms are coming or how severe they’re going to be is huge factor for me. Never knowing how I’m going to show up is nerve wracking. 

• Like 1

[Th...]
2 hours ago, [[k...] said:

I’m not sure what causes my anxiety to erupt when it seems to come out of nowhere. Most of the time it seems to have nothing to do with external events and everything to do with anticipation. The idea of never knowing what or when new symptoms are coming or how severe they’re going to be is huge factor for me. Never knowing how I’m going to show up is nerve wracking. 

I hear that. Always on edge about it. Always. Lately, I’ve been treating any clear spells as ‘false alarms.’ It’s like I’m expecting to get punched in the face.

• Like 1

[Le...]
23 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I still cant even sit still too long without my ears starting to bug me and feeling anxious. dont think chilling out is an option for me yet. i roll with it and try to never stop doing stuff. 

[Ca...]

Most of my anxiety arises from fear of the future, specifically something I have to show up for that is out of my rigid routine. There is a saying, somewhat trite, that fear is Forgetting Everything is All Right. I also play the "what is the worst thing that could happen" game, but I am pretty imaginative so that's a rabbit hole.

If I am relaxed because I am distracted, I don't feel worse. I feel better and a lot of my physical pain abates.

Exercise, staying hydrated, doing the EFT for benzo withdrawal with Paula on UTube once or twice a day and staying connected to others seem to help me.

Knowing all of you are out there getting through the day the very best you can right along with me is reassuring.  I love all of you.