Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Out of control

[gu...]

Hi all, my emotions feel almost completely out of control…depression, anger, whatever…. I had this at the very beginning of acute for about four days. Here it is 7 1/2 years later and it’s back, but it’s worse. I honestly feel like my symptoms just keep building and building across time and I don’t understand it. I’m exhausted. Can anyone relate?

• Sad 1

[kn...]

Yeah, I definitely can. I’ve been working on this for almost three years, am still trying after I took heavy doses for thirty years. Forced to taper with no warning as to the consequences, my then psych wrote scripts that were minus 10mg less at each monthly appointment.  I finally appealed to admins to get away from him only to have my next leave practice after three appointments.  I’m finally with a NP. She’s put me on a dry taper and agreed to let me micro my way out of this. I am still nowhere near stabilized. Must walk with a cane and use a handicapped parking permit. A few years ago, I jogged and back packed. Wish I’d never started in the first place, couldn’t get an Rx unless I agreed to taper. This whole thing has ruined my life. I’m 73 and don’t know if I’ll finish in my time left on earth. Please accept my apologies for the rant, but you are definitely not alone out there!  

[I ...]

Two and half years off and in a bad setback with craziness of constant intrusive thoughts, anger, sadness, and despair.

I was long user -12 years benzo and 7 opiates.

Maybe will takes more time while we stabilise... It's important to have a job where you feel happy, good colleges, good friends, partner...

I'm going through this alone again and it's not easy. When I was with my ex partner everything was going more easily.. Many important outside factors are important for faster healing. 

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)

Lmao. 7 and a half years. I’m at 5 years plus the 2 or 3 I did tapering. It’s just the gift that keeps giving. This shit literally ruins your life.

Edited by [Ma...]