Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Losing hope at 30 month off.

[I ...]

Hi to all of you.

I can't believe that I'm again here. After amazing 8th months without any symptom, (the last wave last summer with a big reason) and I thought that is that last hard wave which usually happens around year 2 before final healing to many of us, again I'm in a wave in my 30 month off. How is possible this? I had some stress last month and I started using St John's wort tea and I think that from then started all this anxiety and constant intrusive thoughts, bad memories from the past and saddnes. My brain again is in chaos.

It could be from St John's wort?

That much we could be fragile still?

I'm afraid that I'll always get setbacks..

It's really boring!!! 

[La...]

Hi Hope! I’m feeling the same as you as far as I’ve had enough of this! I’m 48 months ( 4 years as of June) and lately I’ve been having rougher waves too after feeling much better for awhile. This is rotten timing for me because I’m trying to move into my new home…today! I woke up feeling like crap that started yesterday after a stressful day of on the phone handling business. I’m very disappointed and don’t know what to do….believe me, I understand! 
im sorry you’re having a wave too. Honestly I have heard that St. John wart is a NO NO while in this recovery. Many people have had return of waves and symptoms after using even a little bit. It is on the avoid list posted by dr Ashton and other benzo wise coaches. I’d say don’t take any more of it and let your body get back to your better days. The good news is usually when something is taken that revs someone up, if they’ve got some many months under their belt, then the bounce back from the setback is short lived. You just have to wait it out and mark it as lesson learned. It’s suggested to not try certain things for at least two years after you’ve healed a lot or healed completely. The reason is because although you feel healed, there may be a tiny bit left that you’re unaware of and introducing things could cause a setback. When someone does introduce things, it’s to be done gently, slowly and very very small amounts. Many BBS when doing this use the children’s formula to test the waters. 
I hope this is beneficial to you. May you get back to feeling well soon.