Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sorry to keep asking but are there other brands that are as effective as Teva brand

[db...]

Hi,

Could anyone give advice on alternate brands that are effective?

Thx,

Dbhigh333

[Cr...]

You got several replies already about this particular issue in your other topic.

What type of reply are you looking for specifically? Four members could come in this thread each saying Brand A, B, C, or D worked just fine for them. That does not mean the same will apply to you. Even if another member was on Teva and switched to another brand with no difficulty, again that is no guarantee that is how things will go for you.

You got some good comments and even suggestions in your other thread. The one that stood out to me was checking if other dose strengths are available at pharmacies near you. If you are on Teva 1mg and they are out of 1mg, see if they have. 5 mg or 2 mg tablets in Teva brand.

As @[Li...] suggested, you can also try name brand Klonopin as it is less likely you will run into supply issues. You may notice a difference at first, but your body will probably adapt to it over time. Maybe even to the point where now Teva would not be as effective at keeping your symptoms to a minimum.

[Li...]

Hello, @[db...]. In case you are having difficulty finding your other thread (topic), I’ve included the link below.  Here’s an updated version of the questions I asked in my original response:

• Is your current prescription for 1mg clonazepam twice a day?
  • Might the pharmacies in your area have 0.5mg Teva tablets available?
  • If so, would your prescriber be willing to write a new prescription for the same total daily dose but for 0.5mg tablets? (See Note.)

I also had another idea - are you aware that Teva clonazepam is available as Orally Disintegrating Tablets?  (The excipients are somewhat different than the regular tablets plus they may be a bit more expensive depending on your insurance.)

Note: Some pharmacists may question filling an Rx for two 0.5mg tablets to be taken twice a day b/c of concerns about diversion of a controlled substance.  To get around this, you could ask your prescriber to write the new Rx for 0.5mg clonazepam to be taken 4 times a day (with the understanding that you would continue to take 1mg twice a day until you can return to your original prescription).  You also could ask your prescriber to include a DAW (Dispense As Written) order for Teva 0.5mg tablets by including its National Drug Code (i.e. NDC 0093-0832).

Link to your previous thread (topic):

https://benzobuddies.org/topic/278767-what-are-quality-brands-of-generic-clonazepam-are-available-with-new-teva-shortage/

• Like 1