Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Confused what is akasia and new symtoms

[He...]

I read many post from members that have atkasia .I tought that that was not able to sit still ? now after i read some more it seem that it is trouble with coordination of limbs and numbness in limbs?  I have the last days encounter a new an very scary symtom that is that i trouble control my arms mostly forearms and fingers have lost some fine coordination.Also arms feel very heavy and bad headacke and upper back pain.Im scared from this i think the main reason is that i used rattlecan spray some days before and accidental breath in some of the fumes. But not 100% sure if the strange feeling in arms started before the rattlecan spraypainting.

So question: what is atakatsia exactly??  and can this come from the hars chemcals in the spraypaint ?

[pi...]

Hello @[He...],

I believe side effects from inhaling spray paint fumes are things like headache and nausea. Did you paint indoor or outdoors? From what I’ve read, they typically resolve within hours.

Akashi this is more restlessness and a desire or need to keep moving. As someone who has had cervical spine issues, what you describe sounds like this. Did you do any heavy lifting or twisting of your neck?

• Like 1

[He...]

Thanks Pianogirl

yes i did actually tried to do some workout about 8 days ago.I use a 40 kilo dumbell and did some legpress, but i held it between the legs.I know i should not do this because i already know that i get inflamed in tendons and joints when i try to work out.That never happened before i started with benzodiazephine. I also got more inflamed in elbows that seems a little swollen and feels funny and same with shoulders to.My wd symtoms has been much worse to the last days. I should have known better because i know the anxiety goes in the roof after some workout now. I guess i just felt okay enough to work out and since it was not to heavy it should be ok.

it may also come from motorcycle riding because i dicover that my body can not handle vibrations or using powertools ,maby i drove over a bump compressing the spine or something.

[He...]

I can add that i did some stretching exerzise from youtube to stretch the neck and back about 10 days ago hmmm