Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Atarax or Zoloft addiction

@[...], hello!

Oh my God, how right you were! It's been more than 5 months since I took my last dose of Zoloft, and I seem to feel very big improvements in my condition! I have a very easy derealization, and the last wave in early August did not last long with good windows, and it was not heavy. In recent days, and it seems that my memory and cognitive functions have not yet fully recovered, I can't often remember what I did yesterday, and often misunderstand the meaning of words, but I began to notice how I began to leave derealization, because I couldn't even think about it before!

I can ride the subway and calmly go about my business and don't pay attention to residual symptoms. I understand that I may still have a wave, but comparing myself now and in April and May, I can say that I am recovering ☀️

You were very right, and even though we didn't know each other so much, you did a lot for me!)

And thank you very much @[Па...], your support is hard to underestimate, you and Kate are one of those people

I understand that my experience was probably quite easy, and it's still there, and maybe someone will say that I was very little in it, but it was really hard, I couldn't function and thought it could be forever, and now it's almost like the person who was BEFORE taking pills. Yes, my story is not about benzo, but we all faced withdrawal syndrome, which we did not suspect, some of us became a victim of doctors, someone accidentally took benzo more than usual, but recovery comes and it's great! I believe in everyone who is on this forum

Get well soon, and never stop, it's worth it☀️

Edited by [di...]
  • Love 2

Thank you, @[Па...], I think I'll leave my little story like this here, because it's not exactly the cancellation of benzo, and the site is not about that, but if someone wants to read about Zoloft, he can find me in the search )

• Like 3

Now I actively tell everyone about the dangers of antidepressants, and I'm good at it. I managed to convince several people of this danger, who now want to narrow AD, and I also found 5 people affected by antidepressants in my country. We don't drink so much antidepressants in our country, and it's hard to find such people, but I want to do it seriously, since no one warns us that it can be SO bad. I feel the power in this, and I would like to be useful, since there is no information in our language from the PAWS at all, and most people are far from knowing English

It was, if I may say so, a useful experience, although very painful

Edited by [di...]
  • Like 1

Hi, @[di...], i'm soo glad you're doing well :classic_smile:! Of course, you can still have some mild+- symptoms but it's only natural and they must subside completely in the end.

Thank you too.) I have had to recollect my experience of zoloft involuntary since i stopped another antidepressant a couple of months ago. Undoubtedly for me, zoloft was much worse. This time can't be compared to what i had then and yet there are some things in common and thanks to you i felt prepared to them.

I think it's a good thing you're telling people to be careful about antidepressants in your country. I'm also sure it would be a very good idea to share the information about benzo being dangerous you've learned on BenzoBuddies. I guess it would be mostly Phenazepam, right? And you're so lucky you haven't hooked on it. Good luck, Didiana, and wish you happiness and health!

• Like 1

Thank you very much, @[...] ☺️

Benzo didn't try to take so much from my environment, I don't know how common this problem is in our country

No one warns about antidepressants about its potential risk of causing physical dependence, and the doctor directly told me "how to drink vitamins", but this is far from the case. With benzo, probably the question is that people either take it themselves for a long time (not knowing about its ability to cause addiction), or with doctors who prescribe benzo for long courses (and in general prescribe it, as it is dangerous)

I hope you recover quickly after an antidepressant, anyway, I don't think it will be longer than Zoloft

• Like 1

Morning, @[di...] 🙂. Thank you, i'll do my best to recover quickly:)

54 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

Benzo didn't try to take so much from my environment, I don't know how common this problem is in our country

I think this problem is quite common everywhere including your country. I do come across people from there on BB. 

Have you already started going to kindergarten, i mean your little boy?))

Hi, @[...]!

I wonder why this is happening, because now it is already known that benzo is addictive, and quite severe

Thank you, I'm preparing the documents, and on September 9 we will go to the kindergarten, it's just being repaired now 😊

3 hours ago, [[d...] said:

I wonder why this is happening, because now it is already known that benzo is addictive, and quite severe

Hi, Didiyana:) I wonder about it too...

Hope your experience with kindergarten will be just fine) Good luck to you both on Monday:balloon:

• Like 1

Thank you, @[...]! Kindergarten was postponed again to the end of next week 🥲 Regarding benzo, doctors are like "yes, yes, it's bad, we don't understand how it is prescribed at all", and about antidepressants "drink, it's like vitamins, what are you afraid of?", "no, antidepressants can't be bad for you". For the last six months, I think I've been going crazy with doctors 😵‍💫

• Love 1

@[di...], it's a pity regarding kindergarten. I think it could be good for you when your treasure is happily busy and safe somewhere else for a while. You'll have more time to care of yourself then:) 

As for psychotropic medications, i just meant it'd be good to share with people info on benzo along with your antidepressants thoughts but, of course, i don't insist🙂

• Like 1

@[di...]  Thank you for sharing your experience here as you went through Zoloft withdrawal. I don't take Zoloft, but I do take multiple other Psychiatric medications that I want to taper off of after I'm able to get off of my benzo (Klonopin). 

I also get scared seeing all of the stories of people who suffered severe long-term injuries from starting or stopping anti-depressants. It makes me so worried about what I could go through once I finally am able to start getting off of my medications.

However, reading your story and seeing how you got better overtime (even though it took some months) gives me a lot of reassurance and hope for my future! It made me smile so much when you said that you're almost back to the person you were before the pills! :laugh:

I'm sorry that you had to go through this at all, but I'm so glad that you're doing much better now. Once more time passes, you won't have any symptoms anymore and you'll be able to live life and not have to worry about any of this anymore. ❤️

• Like 1

Hello, dear @[sp...]!

I'm glad that my story can help someone, even if it's a benzo forum 🙏

I hope everything goes well for you. However, you can read the forum of surviving antidepressant, where they write that if you have antidepressant withdrawal syndrome, it is better to start the contraction with it, since the antidepressant is an accelerator and benzo brake, and if you quit benzo, you can accelerate the side effects of the antidepressant + withdrawal syndrome from benzo too much.

I don't know how to do it right, but in any case, let it be quick and painless for you. I suppose I can stumble over the waves, but I'm not afraid of them anymore, and although I'm still symptomatic, it doesn't look like the beginning of the journey at all

Recovery ☀️

• Like 1

@[...]
We have a popular website "Pikabu". I just looked, quite a lot of people there are outraged by the fact that the popular in our country benzo phenazepam suddenly became strictly accountable. I think we should write about it, of course, thank you for giving information for reflection ☀️

• Like 1

Good afternoon!

Today is the 8th day of the wave, and if I survived the last wave relatively well (there were many windows in the wave itself), now I have consistently severe symptoms, it's still not such a heavy wave as it was in June, but definitely in this wave I have a severe depression. My husband doesn't leave me, and I'm afraid to be alone. Let it end soon, I won't be able to stay in this state for long..

It’s September 

IMG_1485.thumb.jpeg.137ece2b70e79aee59948b5764d8e34b.jpeg

Edited by [di...]

This is my August, though, I will be able to accurately assess my condition only when I am in the window. But it's so scary that 8 days without improvement. The wave has to pass, right?

IMG_1484.thumb.jpeg.615426ab1c28ef9dbb2d2d436e5181c7.jpeg

Remember @[di...], things are always changing, let this comfort you, this will pass so don't lose hope and try not to let your fear of being alone put stress on your relationship.  I'm sure things are fine with your husband but its difficult to see when you're surrounded by darkness.  Now is the time for trust, trust in your body's ability to see you through this and it will. 

Thank you for your kind words, @[Па...]!

I jumped too fast, but I have windows, it's probably good, but the wave is really heavy. I'm just waiting and hoping. I probably won't be able to work yet