Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Atarax or Zoloft addiction

I can imagine how tired you're, @[di...]. Hope just a bit more efforts of yours and you should get better. Think recovery is on the way🙂

I know lupus. This disease is in my family but not me. There is a hypothesise it's kind of inherited. Does any relative of yours have it? Anyway, hope the disease it's not to do with you, although lupus is quite manageable. 

Are you going to the dentist today?))

[di...]

Hi, @[...] :)

Yes, I'm going to the dentist today, and I'm also going to a neurologist to rule out more serious diseases)

It was only 3 hours bad yesterday

My relatives didn't have lupus, but on my dad's side I don't know my relatives well, although my dad said that no one had such a thing

Lupus is manageable, but it is treated with serious pills that have a great impact on health :(

16 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

Hi, @[...] :)

Yes, I'm going to the dentist today, and I'm also going to a neurologist to rule out more serious diseases)

It was only 3 hours bad yesterday

My relatives didn't have lupus, but on my dad's side I don't know my relatives well, although my dad said that no one had such a thing

Lupus is manageable, but it is treated with serious pills that have a great impact on health :(

Yes, i know it too well🥺 but it's not necessary to be prednisolone. Depends on the patient's condition. Hope not your case at all. Covid can also cause lots of nasty things but, by my experience, they tend to subside over time too.

Once again, good luck with the dentist:classic_smile:

[di...]

Hi again, @[...] :)

It was hard again this morning, the trip to the neurologist by subway was hard for me. Today again added depression and lack of appetite, three days of headache, for some reason it comes at the peak of the wave. After 4 p.m., the condition got a little better. If it's a wave, it's unusual, alternating with a tolerant state, very unstable. Derealization is weaker and stronger.

The neurologist said that I don't have multiple sclerosis and I have to observe it about my headache. I prescribed Atarax, but I don't want to drink it yet.

The tooth was treated for 1.5 hours, tired. I had a normal anesthesia.

@[di...], oh... You're kind of a hero to be able to spend 1.5 hours at the dentist:classic_blink: And just great you have no ms!

I think it's good your symptoms are changing in intensity. It's considered to be a sign of close recovery. Hope this is the case for you:)

• Like 1

[di...]

Thank you, @[...] , I really hope so.

Now again depression, which did not exist in July and a feeling of despair, during the window I am filled with the expectation that it will be better, and the wave brings me back. I don't know how to survive it, groundhog day

3 hours ago, [[d...] said:

Thank you, @[...] , I really hope so.

Now again depression, which did not exist in July and a feeling of despair, during the window I am filled with the expectation that it will be better, and the wave brings me back. I don't know how to survive it, groundhog day

Hi, @[di...]🙂 Sorry for you. Your feeling of being depressed is understandable. It really gets on us to live through withdrawal of any psychotropic drugs. I do remember how it was for me after zoloft. At least, you know what is going on and that it's not your or your brain fault. You can try to engage yourself in something nice and useful. Languages, for example. It's helpful for brain in general and a very practical skill) Drawing, etc. You can try to think of how to entertain and develop your son and husband as well::). Something consuming that can come in handy.

For me myself, distractions work best to get through the torturous time.

[di...]

@[...]

I m very scared of such a small number of successful stories from antidepressants (surviving antidepressant), and a lot of bad stories.

My wave has been going on for 9 days, better or worse

I've been trying to get distracted all day today, but it's useless, it's difficult

@[di...], unfortunately i'm not too familiar with antidepressants, just the experience i've had myself and of a few of my friends'. It's rather positive. Anyway, your month of zoloft use can't have led to anything much. I think what you have now must be more of negative brain reaction to this medication, the same as it was for me. It should pass. I'm sure.

Hope tomorrow you'll have a really good day full of nice things!)

Thank you for your faith, @[...]!

There are people in antidepressants with an immediate adverse reaction, this is when a person had serious disorders after several doses of medicine, and there are many stories who still suffer after a long time.. given that I had tremors, headaches, fog of vision, myoclonus, maybe I also caused myself serious harm?

Posted (edited)

Update of the fifth month.

August 10. I've been in the wave since August 1, it's not as serious as in June, and there are still a lot of physical symptoms. I go through the template of fast waves and windows, half a day is normal/half a day is bad, the day is normal/day is bad

Symptoms:

- Headache (day every other day)

- Joint and muscle pain

- Nausea, lack of appetite, weight loss

- Severe diarrhea

- Moderate depression

- Feeling of brain fog/dereplization

My appetite usually decreases with the onset of depression, in July I ate quite well.

I've also had terrible diarrhea for the last 10 days. In general, intestinal problems began around the beginning of taking antidepressants, but I'm not sure it's because of them. 2 months before antidepressants, I had a fairly serious course of antibiotics. Now if I need to go to the toilet, it's usually an urgent need, and I don't have to go far 😁

I try to study on Sean O'Connor's book on combating derealization, but depression is very difficult, although I sometimes manage to "switch the channel". 

I also thought that if it goes away for at least one symptom, or depression, or derealization, it will bemuch easier to continue.

Edited by [di...]

1 hour ago, [[d...] said:

Thank you for your faith, @[...]!

There are people in antidepressants with an immediate adverse reaction, this is when a person had serious disorders after several doses of medicine, and there are many stories who still suffer after a long time.. given that I had tremors, headaches, fog of vision, myoclonus, maybe I also caused myself serious harm?

I think you must try to stay positive and believe in the better. It really, really helps.I  think we shouldn't read negative information if in doubt of our recovery.

When i stopped zoloft my worst trouble started a month later. Then in June i was a bit better but July and August were terrible again. I felt perceivably better by the end of September only. That is how it was for me.

I'm sure, Didiyana, your zoloft torture won't stay longer than mine:balloon:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon, @[...] thank you, for your words, they really supported me!

I read more stories after the "cold turkey" and it became easier 😁

I got a little scared, I wanted to share

The last 3 days the symptoms are moderate, in the evening 3 hours before bedtime I feel almost asymptomatic, but it's a bit hard during the day. I had hypnagogy during these 3 days, this is when some delusional state arises before going to bed, and sometimes in the morning. Who had that? Am I not going crazy? Today it keeps me from falling asleep, I'm just starting to fall asleep and there's some nonsense and a scene in my head, and I confuse it with reality and immediately the dream passes.

I had this once somewhere in June, but it was once and I didn't pay attention to it, and the last 3 days it affects me enough

Edited by [di...]

7 hours ago, [[d...] said:

Good afternoon, @[...] thank you, for your words, they really supported me!

I read more stories after the "cold turkey" and it became easier 😁

I got a little scared, I wanted to share

The last 3 days the symptoms are moderate, in the evening 3 hours before bedtime I feel almost asymptomatic, but it's a bit hard during the day. I had hypnagogy during these 3 days, this is when some delusional state arises before going to bed, and sometimes in the morning. Who had that? Am I not going crazy? Today it keeps me from falling asleep, I'm just starting to fall asleep and there's some nonsense and a scene in my head, and I confuse it with reality and immediately the dream passes.

I had this once somewhere in June, but it was once and I didn't pay attention to it, and the last 3 days it affects me enough

Didiyana, good morning🙂.  The state you've described, i mean something about hypnagogia, doesn't seem to be worth being alarmed to me. Of course i don't know its level for you but in general it sounds familiar.  I had  something of the kind too while my brain was doing its healing the hardest. I think it's normal. Just try not to pay attention, although I do remember it was really scary:classic_blink: in the beginning and yet. 

• Like 1

Cold turkey update on August 15.

I used to think I had a serious hair loss problem, but now it seems like a trifle 😅

I had 2 wonderful days again absolutely without symptoms, it was wonderful, but then everything came back (unexpectedly, right?). This month is dominated by a headache, it is constantly in different parts of the head, nevertheless my waves, although stronger than in July, but not as strong as in April-May. I manage to distract myself from derealization most of the time, but the headache spoils everything. She's been hurting for about half a day.

And also, I need to take care of a small child, he is a year old. I'm waiting to be able to send him to kindergarten in September and come home to sleep longer than 7:30 in the morning at least once 😂

I've been very tired in these 2 years. I hope this will make my WD easier. I accept everything that happens to me, although there are hard days of "despair", but they also need to be experienced, as this is part of the process.

I hug everyone 🫂

• Like 1

Acceptance is key @[di...], I'm glad you're not fighting this, that seems to make things worse.  

I'm sorry to hear about your headaches, did you suffer with them before your benzodiazepine experience?  I ask because it seems like our symptoms hit each of us at our weakest point.  What I mean is I've observed members who have a sensitive stomach have more IBS type symptoms, others who are prone to headaches seem to have more intense headaches, I'm guess I'm wondering if my theory holds up in your case. 

Thank you, @[Па...] !

My story is about the abolition of Zoloft and Atarax, I don't know what caused the dependence of it. I had a short experience of taking phenazepam (5 days) at the very beginning of WD, but I didn't like it because it made me a vegetable and increased derealization.

But I want to say that I never had a headache before taking Zoloft. That was the main reason why I canceled it.

My doctor said that I can use benzodiazepines for up to 3 weeks without getting used to, but I now understand that it is very individual, and the risk of developing addiction is very high in general.

Thank you @[di...], I'm glad to know you don't typically suffer with headaches, hopefully this symptom will dissipate as you recover. 

• Love 1

Good afternoon!

A small update on August 18.

It may seem to me, but my "baseline" has become a little better. I was scared at the end of June, as there was an extreme wave that did not exist after leaving, and I expected that it would be as strong or suddenly it would be worse, but it did not happen.

My wave in August lasted about 10 days, was moderate, and was a variant of fast "windows" and "waves", and now everything has become stable, with a slight derealization, which is enough just to ignore. But I would like it to pass, too.

In June, I had about 5-8 days without symptoms, in July there were no such days, and in August there were 2 days free of symptoms, and I'm still waiting for improvement!

I feel like it's close. After the wave, my appetite somehow increased, as I ate little, and the body decided to return all the missing calories 😂

Everyone's recovery ☀️

I can see you're doing your best to find the positive, I hope August is kind to you and we know September will mean you can hopefully get a little more sleep when you take the 1 year old to kindergarten. :thumbsup:

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon!

I would like to write something positive, like a small diary, but I would not like to tire you, but sometimes I will do it, although I do not have so many people who follow me, maybe it will help someone)

In 3 days it will be exactly like 5 months I gave up soloft and 1.5 months as I did without Atarax.

Surprisingly, my anxiety, despite WD, did not come back. This once again confirms that I thought of it myself when I started taking pills) And I still miss the guilt, I think it's not quite a healthy topic, but alcohol relaxed me well. I even took it often. A great opportunity to get rid of the bad habit of shifting responsibility to alcohol :)

From the good, I can predict my day. Usually, the symptoms are stronger during the day, and in the evening there are almost none. The wave in August was strange, but I liked it, it alternated in good condition, and there were even 2 asymptomatic days. Headache, nausea, diarrhea and depression remained in the last wave, and apart from derealization, nothing bothers me anymore, I even played billiards, and did not notice it. That's beautiful!)

And I also communicate with a psychiatrist of one of the main medical institutions in our country, on the basis of a psychiatric institute, he is a very respected person in his field. He is very curious and seems to like his work, writes a lot of dissertations on the topic of psychiatry, and I'm trying to convince him that there is a long-term withdrawal syndrome, I don't know if I will succeed or I convince him even more of my "fault"? 😁 Maybe he should show him something else? And should I pay money for it to go to his appointment and prove something?) In June, at his appointment, he gave me bipolar affect disorder, but I told him that I had no "convincing data" for this disease.)

If there is information that I could show, I would be interested to discuss it with him)

Edited by [di...]

Cold turkey update on August 26.

Well, everything is going well, if you can say so 😅 On bad days, it seems to me again that nothing is improving, but it's not, and when I feel better, I see an improvement. Today is a spontaneous window, I don't know if it's my merit that I try not to pay attention to my condition, but today it's really asymptomatic 😌

Unlike July, August is not so stable, but in August I gained 19%, compared to July, where it was 24%, and June, where it was 36%. Yes, it's a slow process, but also fast. I've only been on Zoloft for 1-1.5 months.

I'm worried about autumn, because it affects me melancholy. I've been promising to start going to the pool for a long time (5 years), and it seems to me that this moment has come, and this is the best thing I can do "reconnect with the water" 😂. Besides, he's not far from the kindergarten where I'll give my child. I notice the beautiful, I'm happy, although not always, but it's cool. I also noticed that if I sleep a lot, derealization increases, so I'm working on my sleep (and I take omega 3)

Everyone's recovery ☀️

August update.

Well, I almost feel great! I decided that I will write an update every month - every two weeks.

I feel MUCH better than all the previous months. And even though I had a wave in early August, I feel just fine. I couldn't have dreamed that I would get better so quickly.

Recovery for everyone

IMG_1046.jpeg

• Like 1