Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Atarax or Zoloft addiction

[Pa...]
Just now, [[d...] said:

Now I came across a couple of stories where people did not recover, and about multiple sclerosis, and it became scary :(

I'm having a bad day today

Time to log off and find something to distract you, doom scrolling is not healthy when we're feeling bad.  

[di...]

@[Pa...]

The topic of multiple sclerosis worries me because I had a suspicion of an autoimmune disease. I have an increased antinuclear factor (1:1280), and a reduced c3 (compliment system). I did an MRI at the very beginning of WD, there I was diagnosed with a focus of 2 millimeters of vascular genesis, the doctor said that it does not look like dimyelinization and that such a small focus cannot give such symptoms.

[di...]

I was also examined by a rheumatologist at the time of WD, and they wrote me sensory neuropathy because of the periodic paresthesia I had at that time. It was at the end of May, and I don't have this symptom anymore. I was prescribed Plakvenil, but because of its potentially bad effect on the eyes, I decided not to drink it. As well as symptoms such as red cheeks and subfebrile temperature stopped bothering me at the end of April. But recently I had muscle and joint pains

[di...]

@[Па...]

I read how long ago it was. Thank you for supporting people to this day

I also read the stories of people who left comments and they also recovered, it gives hope

• Love 1

[Pa...]
3 hours ago, [[d...] said:

@[Pa...]

The topic of multiple sclerosis worries me because I had a suspicion of an autoimmune disease. I have an increased antinuclear factor (1:1280), and a reduced c3 (compliment system). I did an MRI at the very beginning of WD, there I was diagnosed with a focus of 2 millimeters of vascular genesis, the doctor said that it does not look like dimyelinization and that such a small focus cannot give such symptoms.

I don't know anything about MS, but it appears your symptoms that mirror MS are not as pronounced as they once were?

6 hours ago, [[d...] said:

@[...]Too much chocolate can have the opposite effect 😂

I'm distracted by the phone, reading books, shower, my husband - but it's painful for me to talk to him about it because he doesn't understand me, and I'm upset when I say I don't feel well, and I understand that if I talk too much about my poor health, it can disrupt our relationship :(

Wow, you have a rich experience of antidepressants, you have changed them a lot. Are you still trying new antidepressants now?

No, i'm off any psychotropic medications🥲 and don't have any desire to try a new one. When i was in benzo tolerance and nobody could understand what was going on, I went from doctor to doctor and each of them prescribed different antidepressants and other medicine to treat the same condition... I chose mirtazapine in the end and took it while coming off benzo to cover withdrawal symptoms. 

Yes, i think it's difficult for your husband to understand you to the full if he never experienced anything like this himself. Hope he is supportive as much as he can)

• Like 1

[vo...]
6 hours ago, [[d...] said:

@[Pa...]

@[di...]mimic Whoa!! I just want to be sure that you are aware that MS and withdrawal have absolutely nothing to do with each other, other than the symptoms of both of those can mimick each other. Maybe you were just mentioning MS/auto-immune in conversation here?

Edited by [vo...]

[di...]
Posted (edited)

@[Па...]

Yes, not like before, it's gradually getting better. but I'm also scared that last time there was the strongest wave of WD of all time, and now it's very similar to the increase in symptoms in recent days, I don't want it to reach such proportions again, because it was a real delirium.

It's 6 a.m., and I've already woken up for an hour, and I don't feel well. Usually, in the morning and evening I feel better than in the afternoon

Edited by [di...]

[di...]
Posted (edited)

@[...]

He's trying, but I see how painful it is for him :(

Have you already moved away from the benzo, if I'm not mistaken?

Edited by [di...]

[di...]

@[vo...]
I'm sorry, my translator doesn't work well, I didn't quite understand. Yes, I understand that WD and multiple sclerosis can imitate each other. And also, I have increased fecal calprotectin (and this may be due to sclerosis too). That's why I'm worried

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, [[d...] said:

@[...]

He's trying, but I see how painful it is for him :(

Have you already moved away from the benzo, if I'm not mistaken?

Yes, i came off benzo 16 months ago and off mirtazapine 1+ months ago. I'm completely free from any brain affecting medications and just happy, at least, about it😅

So nice and encouraging when our dearest try to support us. It's precious and i think means care and love even if in an awkward way sometimes. I guess you're lucky:)

• Like 1

[di...]

@[...] Hello :)

I don't know where I would be now if it wasn't for my husband.

It seems to me that if you compare the forums, it's like there are more recovered with benzo than with AD. I don't know what it has to do with

[di...]
Posted (edited)

And yes, I have a wave again, it was getting quieter and stronger, but today it's strong again, the strength has been growing for 2 days. Today 55% is somewhere.

Is there anyone who has the waves getting stronger and then recovered? It was said that the waves are getting weaker, not the other way around :(

(I only recently had to tell me that I feel stable, and here it is again 😅)

Edited by [di...]

15 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

@[...] Hello :)

I don't know where I would be now if it wasn't for my husband.

It seems to me that if you compare the forums, it's like there are more recovered with benzo than with AD. I don't know what it has to do with

I'm glad you have such a caring husband😍

You can't see many people recovered after antidepressants withdrawal here because these forums, meaning BenzoBuddies, are mostly dedicated to those who go through benzodiazepines withdrawal. But, of corse, there are also a lot of people here who recovered after antidepressants as well. It's just benzo is the core issue here.

• Like 1

[di...]

@[...] 

Yes, I understand. I compare BenzoBuddies and Surviving Antidepressant. There are very few positive stories on the second one..( that's why I'm here

[Pa...]
1 hour ago, [[d...] said:

Is there anyone who has the waves getting stronger and then recovered? It was said that the waves are getting weaker, not the other way around :(

Because this process affects each of us differently, its difficult to find someone who has the exact same journey but I can promise you that with the tens of thousands of posts our members have shared, you would be able to find someone with almost the same symptom progression.

Our symptoms wax and wane, change, leave, come back and fade until recovery finally happens.  And the thing is, because our symptoms are all over the place, we’re never quite sure when we recovered.  Some members will notice they haven’t felt a symptom in awhile but they don’t think much of it because it’s disappeared and returned before but this time, its finally gone.  Sometimes our recovery doesn’t happen with a shout, we realize it with a whisper. 

[di...]
Posted (edited)

@[Pa...]

Thank you for your words 🙏

It's such a pity that there are no doctors and people from my country with whom I can share and discuss it. All psychotherapists consider me inadequate, and psychiatrists put bipolar disorder and want to put me on pills

I really felt "almost" good throughout July, but now are bad times. I want to share my positive again when the wave is over, and I want to help people who have the same problems.

The moment will come when doctors in your countries recognize the problem of WD, but the general practice of foreign colleagues reaches our country very late, 3-5 years later.

Edited by [di...]

13 hours ago, [[d...] said:

@[...] 

Yes, I understand. I compare BenzoBuddies and Surviving Antidepressant. There are very few positive stories on the second one..( that's why I'm here

Didiyana, i don't know much about antidepressants, just my own experience and it's rather a positive one, although i'm still on my guard allowing for a temporary blow:classic_blink: I think your zoloft term of use was extremely short and you're just bound to recover from it. As i said, my 1 month use of zoloft felt really hard for a few months afterwards but i did recover in the end. 

By the way, there are members from your country here, not too many and yet :classic_smile:

• Like 1

[di...]

@[...]

Zoloft is evil. A lot of people say they've suffered from it :(

Sorry, I still have bad days since the beginning of August, I can be pessimistic. I will consult a neurologist about multiple sclerosis, I signed up on the 8th.

It would be great if someone could share their experience about doctors and psychotherapists who know about WD in my country 👍

I'm from Russia, if there are good doctors here, I'll be glad to know

• Like 1

@[di...], sorry for your suffering and can completely understand you here. For me, zoloft was also a very bad choice. I felt more or less linear improvements after my February's use of it in September only and was so encouraged that cut my long term benzo dose straight in half after it, which was an awful mistake😔 Anyway, I'm glad that experience of mine is far in the past🥲

It's really good you're going to see a neurologist and rule out the issue of MS. You shouldn't be pessimistic. I sincerely believe you must soon feel better!

• Like 1

[di...]

@[...]

Thank you very much for believing in my recovery! I also believe in him when I'm not in the wave 😅

It's easier for me today, it was quite hard yesterday, I'm afraid it will be tomorrow

Today I do not have derealization, but there is depersonalization, but it is not strong, you can ignore it, rather, it is due to the expectation of "what will happen next". I walked a lot with my son today, we went to the doctor, as in September we will have to go to kindergarten, it was a good day, and the weather is not hot +21 C :)

A couple of years ago I drank fluoxetine, and it worked well for me, but now I'm afraid of any pills, even paracetamol😅 And 5 days ago I treated pulpitis, I had anesthesia (iceocaine) and I suffered it well, I hope the wave won't find me tomorrow, because tomorrow I need to go to the dentist again

Hi, @[di...], how are you today?:) Going to the dentist? 

Of course i believe in your recovery. We should all heal, at a different pace though.

I'm scared of any pill including paracetamol now too. Seems as if smth changed in my body due to all this experience and it developed a bad reaction to just everything.

So nice to hear of you walking with your son)) I believe children, tiresome as they are, share good energy with those around :classic_smile:

Good luck with the dentist!) 

[di...]

Hi, @[...] I'm fine, but it could have been better :) 

Today I have been hurting my joints since the morning, on the topic of pills, if I have an autoimmune disease - then I will be prescribed immunosuppressants, and how they will affect me with WD, one god knows, it makes me a little worried. And I have a dentist tomorrow, it turns out I'm confused)

1 hour ago, [[d...] said:

Hi, @[...] I'm fine, but it could have been better :) 

Today I have been hurting my joints since the morning, on the topic of pills, if I have an autoimmune disease - then I will be prescribed immunosuppressants, and how they will affect me with WD, one god knows, it makes me a little worried. And I have a dentist tomorrow, it turns out I'm confused)

Fine is also good)) I guess your better is in store for tomorrow🙂

You mean your joints have been in pain since morning because of some pills?  What autoimmune disease is suspected for you to have? 

[di...]
Posted (edited)

@[...]

Thank you, I hope so too, it's my fifth month, I'm so tired of this swing 🙏 now again a slight worsening of symptoms from 12 o'clock in the afternoon

My joints hurt periodically, it started after covid
My doctor suspects I have lupus (but there is not enough data to make this diagnosis), I had joint pain, red cheeks, subfebrile fever and a positive immune test. They prescribed me to drink Plakvenil, but I was in a WD state then, and I couldn't force myself to put the pill in my mouth.

If I am confirmed with an autoimmune disease, cytostatics and glucorticosteroids (prednisolone) will be prescribed, and they seriously affect the psyche without WD

Edited by [di...]