Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Atarax or Zoloft addiction

[di...]

Good afternoon, I would like to hear your opinion 🙏

My condition is stable, my symptoms are 5-30% lately. Throughout July, I had no other symptoms besides derealization/brain fog, does that mean that waves should no longer be expected?

I can do a lot of things, and plan a week, but I can't draw - it triggers me.

I also can't understand my condition, either it's a weak derealization or a brain fog. Are there any differences?

I feel like it's a little bit like in a dream, but all objects and people seem familiar. I also often forget what I did yesterday, I live one day. I don't feel comfortable, as if I'm not at ease. What is this state called?

I am very grateful to my body, and to the people who help me overcome this path, but even with such symptoms, I would not want to exist for a long time, as it can be described as "existence" and not a full life. I do everything on the machine, nevertheless my feelings are full, I don't have angedonia and depression now (which was very strong at the end of June).

Tell me, please, I will be grateful 🙏🙏🙏

[Pa...]

Hi @[di...], it sounds like you're focused on naming what you're feeling and I get it, this platform is filled with people trying to describe their symptoms and name their torment but sometimes it just isn't possible, maybe we don't yet have a word for what you're feeling.

It does sound like whatever it is has improved somewhat so regardless of what it is, it soon won't matter because it will leave when you recover.

• Like 2

[di...]

Thank you for your kind words! @[Па...]

Yes, you're right

When I feel bad, I try to find information about my condition, how to indicate it in my symptom diary, but I can't even describe it

And of course, I want it to end, people shouldn't worry about it

My body shouted that it didn't need it when I started taking Zoloft, but I didn't hear it

[Pa...]
1 hour ago, [[d...] said:

My body shouted that it didn't need it when I started taking Zoloft, but I didn't hear it

We're all going to be listening and hearing what our body is trying to tell us after this horrific experience. 

• Like 1

[Cr...]

Sounds like you have antidepressant discontinuation syndrome caused by not doing a slow taper off of the Fluoxetine, Zoloft and going back and forth starting and stopping antidepressants and not doing a proper taper. 

Check out a website called surviving antidepressants. They are like this one but for antidepressants. They can help you a lot. Don’t get on a benzodiazepine to help with your symptoms. 

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 1

[di...]

Good afternoon! @[Пр...]

Thank you very much for your answer and help. Do you think I only have Zoloft withdrawal syndrome?

In June, after the atarax pill, all symptoms disappeared for 2 days, and then returned again. At the end of June there was a strong wave, and on the first day in the evening, drinking Atarax in the morning, I got a delusional state.

[di...]

Good afternoon, @[Cr...]!

I didn't turn on and off antidepressants. My Zoloft's journey was only 1.5 months old, and it was bad. I had migraines every day, my hands were shaking and my eyesight was swaking.

I drank fluoxetine in May and only 5 days, it gave me neither bad/good. The only thing that repelled my appetite and I started losing weight, so I stopped. After fluoxetine, I even had a small window.

Now it's too late to restore antidepressants in any case, given that I felt bad after Zoloft (4 months ago).

+ Atarax removed all the symptoms back in June, but at the end of June, when trying to connect it again, he caused a delusional state.

I feel relatively tolerant most of the time, today, however, I'm having a bad day, I hope it's not the beginning of the wave.

And I also have a positive dynamics, you can see the table that is fixed in my first message.

Thank you!

[di...]
Posted (edited)

Yes, today's state is like a wave. The question is how long it will last. Given that the last wave for me was the extreme and the strongest of all time - I am very afraid that my condition will not worsen. Again, I can't do housework today and do something. I look at my little boy, I'm so sorry that he sees his mother crying a lot. I've been crying involuntarily all day today. It is also frustrating that in July I had only 1 day free from symptoms, and in June it was 5-8 days. But July was calmer in terms of the overall percentage.

I also noticed that the waves appear shortly before the beginning of menstruation, for the second time the wave coincides with their beginning. Maybe it's something to do with it, or just a coincidence.

Edited by [di...]

[Pa...]
On 01/08/2024 at 07:38, [[d...] said:

I also noticed that the waves appear shortly before the beginning of menstruation, for the second time the wave coincides with their beginning. Maybe it's something to do with it, or just a coincidence.

Many women have commented on increased symptoms around that time of the month. 

I'm sorry you've been crying but just to let you know how odd this process is, I couldn't cry, but the one time I was able to I felt so much relief.  

• Like 2

[di...]

@[Па...]

I'm sorry you experienced it. It's hard for me to imagine such a thing

I can only roughly imagine. I guess I was lucky, if you can say so, that only derealization remained of the most basic symptom. But as I saw on the forum from other stories, it passes over time. It's scary that the process is absolutely unpredictable. I hope you're already in a good place 🙏

[di...]

I read that if you disconnect from derealization, it passes faster. I want to try it, but then I won't be able to keep my health diary and record it, which also helps me see the progress

[di...]

And I consider it my duty to say that this forum helps me, you help me with your support and advice. It's hard to appreciate, because at the moment it's priceless for me. I'm very sorry that I haven't registered here for surviving antidepressants before. I told myself in every possible way that this would not happen to me, that I would quickly go this way - but my body had its own plans 😅 And yes, the last dose of atarax was, I think, more than a month ago. I couldn't live without it for the first month

• Like 2

[Pa...]
1 hour ago, [[d...] said:

I hope you're already in a good place

I'm in a good place, fully recovered and happy. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

@[di...], hi:classic_smile: I'm glad BenzoBuddies helps you understand what is what and you feel our support. Thank you too) 

It's just great you've realised your body needs being listened to and sometimes has its own plans. Be careful with yourself!   

I'm also glad you don't need atarax and can manage the symptoms left on your own. It means true healing is taking place. Guess your derealisation is making ready to leave you alone too. Good luck!)

[di...]

@[Па...]
It's wonderful to hear!)

I may ask, did you have experience only benzo? Unfortunately, I didn't find a branch of your story

For some reason, there are very few recovery stories on surviving antidepressant, unlike benzo. I don't know why, but it's a little alarming 😅

[di...]

Glad to hear from you again, good day! :) @[...]

I'm so looking forward to it, but I try not to hurry, I just distract myself and sometimes allow myself to eat chocolate on bad days 😁

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

Glad to hear from you again, good day! :) @[...]

I'm so looking forward to it, but I try not to hurry, I just distract myself and sometimes allow myself to eat chocolate on bad days 😁

Oh, i eat chocolate on either bad or good days. It makes me feel better, of course, if not too much😊 I eat in the evening and run in the morning to keep balance))

I think it's good you're not in a hurry. Our body's processes often take some time to be complete. What distracts you best of all apart from your little boy?

[Pa...]
2 hours ago, [[d...] said:

@[Па...]
It's wonderful to hear!)

I may ask, did you have experience only benzo? Unfortunately, I didn't find a branch of your story

For some reason, there are very few recovery stories on surviving antidepressant, unlike benzo. I don't know why, but it's a little alarming 😅

I was actually on Lexepro an A/D when I quit Klonopin cold turkey but I stopped it cold turkey 14 months later, the same day I quit Ambien cold turkey.  Anyone notice a destructive pattern in my behavior? ::)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, [[d...] said:

@[Па...]
It's wonderful to hear!)

@[di...], i think you can't see many recovery stories concerning antidepressants because this site is mostly about benzodiazepines such as phenazepam, clonazepam, etc.

As far as i know, some members, and not that few, take or quit antidepressants as well. I have seen other threads about zoloft here recently. I myself came off mirtazapine 1+ month ago. I also had a sad experience with zoloft in 2021 and a few days of lexapro and prozac a bit later.

I'm sure you should be just fine:balloon:

[di...]

@[...]Too much chocolate can have the opposite effect 😂

I'm distracted by the phone, reading books, shower, my husband - but it's painful for me to talk to him about it because he doesn't understand me, and I'm upset when I say I don't feel well, and I understand that if I talk too much about my poor health, it can disrupt our relationship :(

Wow, you have a rich experience of antidepressants, you have changed them a lot. Are you still trying new antidepressants now?

[di...]

@[Па...] Haha, yes, I noticed)

How quickly did you manage to recover and how long did you take it? I hope it's not a too personal question 🙏 After the cold turkey, there are not many stories. And I still can't understand why the cold turkey - the translator translates me as a chilled bird 😂

[jo...]
8 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

How quickly did you manage to recover and how long did you take it? I hope it's not a too personal question 🙏 After the cold turkey, there are not many stories. And I still can't understand why the cold turkey - the translator translates me as a chilled bird 😂

Cold turkey comes from the goose bumps on a plucked turkey's skin I think. It's reminiscent of the goose bumbs on someone's skin who's going through withdrawl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

[Pa...]
27 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

Yep, a chilled bird is what I think of too. :2funny:

Pamsters Success Story

[di...]

Now I came across a couple of stories where people did not recover, and about multiple sclerosis, and it became scary :(

I'm having a bad day today