Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Prescription for taper uk

[Ja...]

After my last appointment this week with the psychiatrist,It’s been agreed I can get a 2 month prescription for my 8 mg diazepam that’s left
As mutch as it is a help it’s also really really stressed me out,.it’s took me 6 month to get from 20 mg to 8 mg

after a long 6 week hold come this Thursday,.I know dropping 1mg a week for the next 2 month is most certainly  going to wipe the floor with me,my mental healths allready in tatters

I duno if to ring them back up and question  the plan and try get a more sensible option

Anybody dealing with this issue and having a bit more flexibility with there docs/psychiatrist 

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear you going through this I am also in the UK I was prescribed Ds by my doctor over 10 year's ago came of them with help then was put back on again several years later I tapered down with help , thanks rushed into hospital with other problems and the cycle began again this time the doctors won't help they only gave me enough for a month now I'm having to go through CT it's like they really like handing this stuff out but love cutting it off when you become reliant because they didn't really get to the real problem, I have drastically dropped from 15mg to 5mg to 2.5mg etc. Over the course of 2 week and the WD is kicking in depends on how long you have been on it so there is no harm in asking I myself am with a support group but talking is the best they can do with funding as you know so good luck I'm seeing this out got no choice 🙄👍

• Like 1