Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

restless leg syndrome any advice

[ch...]

hi everyone just asking for some advice , 
im 9 months + post jump from my heavy diaz use , 
withdrawal has been tough and iv had many different symptoms chopping and changing throughout . 

most evening i’m getting RLS its always in the hours before bed it starts i think when my body is starting to wind down for sleep , it’s very annoying and i have to keep moving / stretching my legs or they just feel uncomfortable . it does seem to go away when i fall asleep but that’s not easy as my sleep is still effected quite badly .
still getting alot of symptoms around sleep . 
 also my partner said she has noticed my legs shake in my sleep like twitch and literally shake a lot i do this upon awaking to but that’s more of a conscious one iv not thought to this point why i do it tho , is this connected to the RLS ? 

my sleep has been badly effected throughout this and i still can’t nap even now ! 

any advice about this RLS i’m putting it down to the withdrawal of course just wondering if anyone else had it how long it lasted for? is there anything i can do to help it , 

thanks in advanced guys hope everyone is well ! 

[Cr...]

Have you had your iron levels checked lately? Low blood iron can often cause RLS.

There are medications that can help with RLS like Mirapex and ropinirol. I am not sure if they affect gaba receptors or nor. Gabapentin and possibly clonidine are listed as well.

For supplements I have heard people claim relief from magnesium and tonic water. But again, do some research. An old guy at work swears by tonic water for RLS. It contains quinine which supposedly helps cramps but should not be used in excess.

The oddest method of relief I have heard is soap under your bed sheets. Seriously, look it up. And it seems legit.

As for things that can make it worse, ADs, Antipychotics, cold and allergy meds with anti-histamines.

[ch...]
On 30/06/2024 at 19:51, [[C...] said:

Have you had your iron levels checked lately? Low blood iron can often cause RLS.

There are medications that can help with RLS like Mirapex and ropinirol. I am not sure if they affect gaba receptors or nor. Gabapentin and possibly clonidine are listed as well.

For supplements I have heard people claim relief from magnesium and tonic water. But again, do some research. An old guy at work swears by tonic water for RLS. It contains quinine which supposedly helps cramps but should not be used in excess.

The oddest method of relief I have heard is soap under your bed sheets. Seriously, look it up. And it seems legit.

As for things that can make it worse, ADs, Antipychotics, cold and allergy meds with anti-histamines.

hi i have had full blood work done and it was all normal im not sure if this included iron or not ? 
i kind of thought the RLS was because of withdrawal but i guess it could be likely somthing else is causing it ! 

i will look at some treatments options youv mentioned thanks

[PE...]

There are very good medical aid for RLS. Mom's getting it.

Some kind of dopamine inhibitor. There is no mental effect from it. I took it a few times when RLS was bad and it works.

[Th...]

I have had restless legs all my life and of course Benzo withdrawal made it 10 times worse. Everyone is different so what works for me may not work for you. However I have found that when I am low on Magnesium, my restless legs are out of control. So I take a small crumb at bedtime. (Too much magnesium can make you dizzy) Then right before crawling in for the night, I use "Magnilife Relaxing Leg Cream" on my calves. https://www.amazon.com/MagniLife-Leg-Cream-PMs-4oz/dp/B075B2HMP8/ref=asc_df_B075B2HMP8/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=692875362841&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9876746231369727663&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1013462&hvtargid=pla-2281435181738&psc=1&mcid=b4a2b3e7ea0733aba5dd4f9190270289&hvocijid=9876746231369727663-B075B2HMP8-&hvexpln=73&gad_source=1 This "ices the RLS's cake and I rarely get RLS anymore as long as I use these before bed. Try it, it may work! Oh and you can use this cream any time during the day as well. 

[ch...]
On 01/07/2024 at 23:40, [[K...] said:

Soap under the sheets works.

what do you mean soap under the sheets ? 

[ch...]
11 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I have had restless legs all my life and of course Benzo withdrawal made it 10 times worse. Everyone is different so what works for me may not work for you. However I have found that when I am low on Magnesium, my restless legs are out of control. So I take a small crumb at bedtime. (Too much magnesium can make you dizzy) Then right before crawling in for the night, I use "Magnilife Relaxing Leg Cream" on my calves. https://www.amazon.com/MagniLife-Leg-Cream-PMs-4oz/dp/B075B2HMP8/ref=asc_df_B075B2HMP8/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=692875362841&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9876746231369727663&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1013462&hvtargid=pla-2281435181738&psc=1&mcid=b4a2b3e7ea0733aba5dd4f9190270289&hvocijid=9876746231369727663-B075B2HMP8-&hvexpln=73&gad_source=1 This "ices the RLS's cake and I rarely get RLS anymore as long as I use these before bed. Try it, it may work! Oh and you can use this cream any time during the day as well. 

hey thank you i will look into this 🙂

• Love 1