Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need advice

[Ma...]

Hi buddies

i am currently 14 months off of many years of K use. I have been on trazodone for about that same amount of time. 14 months…
I have been having a very hard time tapering off traz. Each time I cut it is so brutal that I can barely function. Even when I taper just a little.

my question is… should I stay on traz until I feel “healed”? Or is this traz holding me back? I have it in my head that I’ll never get better if I’m on another medication. Am I just paranoid!?? Has anyone felt that healed while on other meds? Do you think the taper will go easier if I take more time?

thanks!!

Edited by [Ma...]

Hi, @[Ma...]. I'm not an expert but i also took an antidepressant to cover benzo wd symptoms. I'm sure we heal while on other meds as long as the meds have nothing to do with benzo receptors and are suitable for us personally. I felt the healing, no doubt and read confirming information, including H. Ashton's articles.

I also think your trazadone tapering must go easier if you wait a bit. I started antidepressant tapering after i felt, at least, stabilized. The process has been bearable so far, much easier than tapering off of benzo. 

Lots of luck to you!)

[pi...]

Hello @[Ma...],

I don’t have personal experience with other medications but I do remember a former team member. She did not start to taper her antidepressant until she had been totally healed for quite a long period of time. Once she started tapering, she reduced the drug very slowly. Remember, your cns stays sensitized for a long while and it doesn’t take too much to upset the apple cart. You’ll get to where you want to be, it just takes some time.