Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

losing hope...

[be...]

it has been 2 months since i jumped off xanax.

electricity that feels like 24/7 focal seizures... horrible insomnia.. hypersensitivity

they are not getting any better... im losing hope... it tortures me as soon as i open my eyes in the morning... just staying awake is a living hell.

• Sad 1

[pi...]

@[be...],

I was still in my safe place, my bedroom, at 2 months off. Symptoms were strong, sometimes very strong. This was the phase I called the crawl to walk period. I held on, distracted day and night. Relief was slow in coming but it came. Little by little I improved until I no longer needed to crawl, I could stand, albeit on wobbly legs. Next I could walk, slowly. Finally I was able to see some light so I felt I could walk freely and venture out of my safe place. 

Give it time, accept and have patience. Allow your system to find balance, let it do it’s work.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm there with you just starting to feel waves of tremors in my safe place, being watched over by family members night and day taking it in turns getting sleep is hard as your brain plays out the same thing, trying to keep myself distracted, that is the best way just breathe and try to relax sending hugs 

[Sc...]

I'm in the same boat as well. Been 2 weeks off since my jump and my sxs are flaring up. 

When they do I just slow down everything I am doing and let the sxs run their course. 

Been getting little sleep, having waves and windows each day and physical sxs. 

If you can, try to take things slow, and remember it's okay to do so. The healing will come and this is a part of the process. Our brain is very strong and good at healing, it just needs time :)