Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

[gu...]

I know I’m posting on here a ton. Sorry but I am SO MAD that after a relatively easy WD, this fricking wave I’m in just keeps going and in many ways getting worse. The depression and inability to cope with stress has gotten so bad I can’t eve see my adult kids. Plus it is so RELENTLESS.  It’s been months since I had a normal day.  Again, 6 mos of this after 7 years!!!!  I just don’t get it. I want my freaking life back. I’m a successful, self made 69 year old woman, strong as hell.  Now everything overwhelms me and thoughts of death arise, never had that before.  I’m not suicidal…. But I hate those thoughts!!  This is bullshit!!!!

[Cr...]
17 minutes ago, [[g...] said:

I’m not suicidal…. But I hate those thoughts!!

I can relate to what you are trying to say. It's like you personally don't feel suicidal but your brain keeps putting intrusive thoughts about death at the forefront of your mind. That happened to me as well.

The more afraid of these thoughts you are the more important the brain thinks they are and so it will do it's best to keep you focused on them... thinking it is helping you.

As marvelous as the brain is it also has many flaws and quirks that can make it counterproductive when it comes to reaching our goals.

• Like 1