Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Depression

[gu...]

I am curious do people feel physically, crushed from depression in withdrawal? Like it’s hard to move?

[Th...]
1 hour ago, [[g...] said:

I am curious do people feel physically, crushed from depression in withdrawal? Like it’s hard to move?

Very much so. Today is one of those days. Coupled with an anxiety that won’t let me leave the bed, for fear of my heart bursting out of my chest.

• Sad 1

[Cr...]

Depression did cause very severe exhaustion for me. It literally felt like I had no energy left and my body was shutting down. It's amazing how mental symptoms are often able to create physical symptoms, or make existing ones worse.

When my depression was at its worst my doctor wanted to run tests and found I had low T (170, normal is 300 to 1000). And I was a guy in my 20s. It got better on its own as depression and withdrawal went away. Apparently Low T is also an issue women can face as well. Our hormones can fluctuate greatly from withdrawal directly or indirectly (from depression caused by withdrawal). I don't know if BW caused Low T, which caused depression, or if BW caused depression which then caused low T. 

If your hormones are all good then time and coping techniques are the best way to handle depression outside of taking risks with ADs.

[jo...]

I understand. I have had it so bad I cant lift myself off my bed. It's scary sometimes.

• Love 1