Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

[Be...]

I am 6 years out from a xanex c/t. I had a difficult protracted withdrawal that lasted years but I was and I am still able to live a full life with work, exercise, travel and volunteer work. I now feel mostly healed. My benzo wise acupuncturist and my PA are recommending bio identical HRT (50mg proestrogen and .025 estrogen patch). I am reluctant to do anything that acts on gaba but on the other hand I would really like to give HRT a try for some disruptive perimenopause  symptoms. Thoughts? Advice? 

[gu...]

DON’T Do it!!!!!!!!!!   Don’t disrupt the equilibrium you have found. Hormonal changes can throw you back into hell. Please don’t do it.

• Like 1

[Th...]

As someone who has lived to see the other side of menopause (post) I would like to say you might be better off living through the h*ll of menopause. I had wicked symptoms up to and for nearly 10 years after menopause began, of course the worst of it lasted about 4 or 5 years after my last period. I was ill. Dizzy, weak and tired, unexplained rashes, heart palpitations, out of breath, serious food allergies developed, I couldn't sleep, anxiety and depression.... I can't even remember how bad it was. BUT.... Your body does adjust over time. Hormone therapy will only last so long and eventually you have to get off and allow your body to deal with it. You will only be prolonging the misery. I had 2 friends at the time who both did the therapy, both of them developed severe anxiety and depression, (ended up on benzos) gained weight, increased hot flashes, there is a risk of developing dementia and breast cancer, heart attack rate goes up too for women who go this route. Its not natural to push the body beyond what its designed to go through at a predetermined time. I lived through it, you can too! 😊

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/06/2024 at 13:02, [[T...] said:

As someone who has lived to see the other side of menopause (post) I would like to say you might be better off living through the h*ll of menopause. I had wicked symptoms up to and for nearly 10 years after menopause began, of course the worst of it lasted about 4 or 5 years after my last period. I was ill. Dizzy, weak and tired, unexplained rashes, heart palpitations, out of breath, serious food allergies developed, I couldn't sleep, anxiety and depression.... I can't even remember how bad it was. BUT.... Your body does adjust over time. Hormone therapy will only last so long and eventually you have to get off and allow your body to deal with it. You will only be prolonging the misery. I had 2 friends at the time who both did the therapy, both of them developed severe anxiety and depression, (ended up on benzos) gained weight, increased hot flashes, there is a risk of developing dementia and breast cancer, heart attack rate goes up too for women who go this route. Its not natural to push the body beyond what its designed to go through at a predetermined time. I lived through it, you can too! 😊

Did you have internal tremor?  

• Like 1

I am unsure if the options and effects are the same for men as women at all but a commonly used fertility drug for women is also a common hrt for men. It doesnt replace hormones but causes your body to produce a bit more. The effects are a very gradual increase in production so likely if side effects wouldnt be too quickly extreme. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6266254/

there is some info out there about using it. Clomid in men has many less side effects than trt cause your systems dont atrophy. 

Maybe worth considering with your doc. 

On 16/08/2024 at 04:21, [[B...] said:

Did you have internal tremor?  

I had tremors toward the end of my taper and for a month or so after my last dose. They have since resolved.