Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering issues intensified by doctors

[ba...]

First of for those who have a doctor that works wiith them in a reasonably good to excellent manner, I am slightly jealous.

I'm in good old British Columbia. I would have ended up in a third facility but as we all know those are bad news. I got lucky swarming doctors websites and making appointments. For a doctor he had good reviews great right?that's hoe it went for the first few month.

Now I'm roughly at month 5 and I simply haven't really kept a proper log. Too many side effects. Family meaning prints along with brother his wife and totler wss my only option. As my father is weird and has lots of money so Long story short I had to move in.

Drama in this home with wife and kid and the rest is super hard. Drama with the current doctor is also hard. He doesn't really ask much on our strictly telehealth talks. Short story he started at 8 mg clonazepam got down to 5 accidently it seemed put me back at 6. The last time I've spoken to him has been well over a month and a half. After the last appointment he cut my pregablin without telling me and dropped me down to 5 mg in two weeks and 4 mg in two weeks. Then his instructions again are weird. They basically say to keep me at 4 mg until roughly the start of August. So dare I call him? No.

I have a pain doctor who is willing to take over the taper. This would be a person I have a relationship with for almost 1 visits now. The current guy again I haven't met.

So a few days ago I had a visit for discussion of the taper and paperwork to change etc. He also started giving me awdation because of the spinal Injections. Makes me fee good for a while. However the last visit he went craz on me.i dropped my phone as my mother and 5 year old were now waiting for two hours outside. Phone was near me with a blood monitor. In hindsight I should have told the nurse lady to call but mom was calling phone sipped my hand got stuck. Doctor walks in and goes quite mad. Never seen a doctor get mad at me especially like this.

Should I still change? The nurse never stuck up for me. I kept saying sorry even after 10 minutes and he didn't answer. Most people on the street would day it's OK orat a grocery store but this guy now has me in a dilemma.

Only plan I have is make an appointment with the current doctor close to when the 4 mg is times up. It will be two month or roughly that at 4mg. 25 plus year abuser however everyone in this damn house is causing insane levels of pressure, silent treatment. Not understanding me or how behaviors may change. Just living and gossiping now my mom was gossiping with my sister. She was the last person who I ca. Get for rides as this place has become a treatment centre but worse. Stuck home wit these crazy immediate asides from my son is torture. 

Anyone with input would me helpful. If j change I am changing to a guy that has a temper. It cameout. Your thinking he's human too but doctors have an ethical duty of standard of care. I am going through he'll.

Finally alone with advice on family not letting me go anywhere. Now km not talking to my mom and I won't talk to her he's gossiping about me saying it's hard t live with me. With my sister on the line and I gave her some bad messages. I was going to go to meetings and now I have to go on my own.they can't keep themselves in check then I can't remain stuck right? I have to start getting out now I have no ride when wifeisnt around so Uber etc. My dad brother may get mad but s be it I think. Any help will be of great benefit. I'm going to start my taking my child on long walks. This will get my dads blood boiling.

Lol I don't work as they pay me for monies owed long story. I also get disability. I haveprbably 6 month hopefully loner on the taper. Now I don't know what to do.

Sad. 

• 2 weeks later...
[Al...]

Hi @[ba...]

I wonder if any of the Canadian members of this site might know of a sympathetic doctor who would be willing to work with you in British Columbia. I'll give this post a bump just in case.