Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I think I have Pots?

[Jo...]

For the last couple of months I have seen people talk about them having pots. But, I didn’t know what it meant and didn’t think to look it up. I have even mentioned that there feels like the is liquid underneath my skin. Well, just yesterday I look up what was pots. And found out that it was basically blood pooling in arms or legs. I went images and saw that people will red feet and hands where the blood is pooling up at. And ironically, this what my hands and feet look like every now and then.

One thing I have also noticing now as to why people are sawing to stay off of all drugs because some of these ADs can cause Pots or make them even worse.

Now, my question is how do you test for Pots? Are beta blockers the best treatment for this? And can beta blockers cause a set back. And is this is what is causing my and other peoples muscle stiffness? 

Edited by [Jo...]

[PE...]
1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

For the last couple of months I have seen people talk about them having pots. But, I didn’t know what it meant and didn’t think to look it up. I have even mentioned that there feels like the is liquid underneath my skin. Well, just yesterday I look up what was pots. And found out that it was basically blood pooling in arms or legs. I went images and saw that people will red feet and hands where the blood is pooling up at. And ironically, this what my hands and feet look like every now and then.

One thing I have also noticing now as to why people are sawing to stay off of all drugs because some of these ADs can cause Pots or make them even worse.

Now, my question is how do you test for Pots? Are beta blockers the best treatment for this? And can beta blockers cause a set back. And is this is what is causing my and other peoples muscle stiffness? 

Hi! I'm on highest possible dose of a beta blocker. Been since a few years because of high blood pressure. I have no negative effect of it. 

Good luck 😊

[Jo...]

Thank you @[PE...] for answering. My legs and arms have been feeling really tight these pass couple of days. Add on top of that burning. My legs are starting to turn red. I am black, so the fact that I can see my red legs clearly is very concerning. My parents keep telling me to stay out of my room when I am clearly bedridden. And they don’t understand that me coming out my room isn’t going to help shit! 

[PE...]
57 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Thank you @[PE...] for answering. My legs and arms have been feeling really tight these pass couple of days. Add on top of that burning. My legs are starting to turn red. I am black, so the fact that I can see my red legs clearly is very concerning. My parents keep telling me to stay out of my room when I am clearly bedridden. And they don’t understand that me coming out my room isn’t going to help shit! 

Is that what call pots?? Yes I would be very concerned also. 

Are your parents familiar with what you going through?

Hope your day ok @[Jo...].