Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

A new buddy from Italy needs help clonazepan/rivotril

[It...]

Good morning all, 

I will be very fast in telling my story and hopefully  someone can give some advice. 

I have been 10 years on ssri, escitalopram, and after a long taper (4 years) I am almost at 0. (0.02mg).

Due to life stresses the withdrawal symptoms have intensified a lot only recently, and my psychiatrist who is well aware on treating abstinence symptoms, gave me 0.4mg rivotril/clonazepam daily. Now I am one week Into it and I have to say it s working. However it makes me very worried to read all the stories about benzo here and since the ssri withdrawal process and pain is almost the same I went through, I was wondering if you could know how long and at what dosage dependence could start, since the stories I read here scared me a lot. Do you think after 1 week it s already too late to do cold turkey? 

If I need to do a proper taper, I see that the rivotril in liquid form is not soluble in water, so how you make a solution to taper? 

Thanks so much to whoever will want to answer, I hope I have not entered another tunnel after the ssri tunnel... 

Hi, @[It...]:) Welcome to BenzoBuddies! We're glad you've found us. I think it's better to stop taking clonazepam as soon as possible and rather at once. I doubt very much you can have developed physical dependency for a week of use. I went ct after a short term use in the past and didn't feel anything wrong with me . I wish i had known what a tricky treacherous pill benzo was then.

My congratulations on almost finishing your ssri taper! Good luck to you!)

• Like 1

[jo...]

Hi and welcome! 1 week is not long as Kate says and I agree that you should not stay on it, and stop while it's probably not going to cause you problems.

Even as little as another week might bring some issues. At the moment you are most likely fine to just stop taking it. 

It is a dangerous pill and should not be taken lightly. There are other ways to cope with your taper and withdrawl that are much safer.

Look around on this forum and (If your not already a member) Surviving Antidepressants is a great place for advice. Hope everything goes well! Good luck.

• Like 2

[je...]

You’ve dodged a bullet. I suggest you stop taking it and never use it again unless needed for surgery.

• Like 2