Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

10 Months Fully Healed - Medical THC

[am...]

ChatGPT

Hi guys!

It's been a long time since I posted here. The last two years were hell for me, but I'm so happy to report that I am pretty much fully healed as of September 2023! After two years of hell—DP/DR, memory problems, burning nerve pain, panic attacks, heart problems, migraines, akathisia, limb jolting, emotional numbness, severe depression, OCD, hallucinations, etc.—I am finally living my life the way I was always meant to. For context, I was on up to 20mg of Valium a day for 2 years. During this time, I experienced interdose and tolerance withdrawal and kindling. I was suddenly pulled off with no taper in August 2022, lost my mind, and was hospitalized. It all ended last year after a horrendous wave, and ever since, I have felt clarity and the joy of living in a mostly pain-free body. I am so grateful, and I'd love to share my story in the success group once I write it up properly. I believe my story is proof that you can heal even after experiencing the most awful of symptoms. However, today I just want some advice.

So, although I have healed in such a fantastic way and I am very grateful, I have actually healed so well that I am experiencing the same initial anxiety I was put on Benzos to treat. This time, I don't want to take the route of medication to manage my stress, and I'm looking into other options. I have recently gotten approved for medical cannabis, but I'm just wanting some insight before I go ahead with it. Our brains are different, and I don't trust doctors to know what will and won't affect me anymore. I've been prescribed a 50/50 CBD and THC variant in the form of a vape. I have used cannabis in the past during uni recreationally, but only a few times. Those times have ranged from the most relaxed I have ever felt to full-blown psychosis that lasted 6 days (edibles). What I'm most worried about is my DP/DR returning. The doctor I saw assured me that the mix between CBD and THC would help mitigate paranoia, although I am not so much worried about being anxious, freaked out, or paranoid as I am about being totally removed from reality.

I have worked so hard to get rid of my DP/DR that plagued my entire life for the past two years, and I don't ever want to feel like that again. I started exploring medical cannabis because some people report it makes them feel more present in their bodies and less in their heads with anxiety. I'd love to feel like that, but I'm not sure if it's a possibility for me because my brain is really sensitive.

I'm looking for any insight into users' experiences with medical cannabis and CBD, especially post cessation/taper/healing.

Thanks! :)

[jo...]

I'm not sure about THC for anxiety??? sounds all wrong to me. I used to smoke weed sometimes when I was younger and remember it making me paranoid and anxious. Sometimes in the extreme. Risky.

[Pa...]

@[am...], I'm happy to hear you're doing so well but understand why you're concerned about using cannabis.  

I sometimes use an indica to help me sleep, I notice it momentarily gives me a negative feeling which I've learned to identify as a bi-product so I mentally discount it, it passes quite soon.  For a person with anxiety, this might be when they're most vulnerable.

I've noticed my heart will beat fast for a minute or so, then I begin to feel the relaxing attributes.  I've been recovered for many years so my experience won't be useful but I did want to let you know that even for those who are recovered, it can be a bit challenging. 

If you've experienced a negative reaction like you did with the gummies pre-benzo damage, I'm concerned you may experience something like that again.  

I wonder if less THC and more CBD would be better to start with?