Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does your short term memory ability come back?

[be...]

Ok. Im ok with the short term memory impairment during WD because I dont wanna remember it at all..

But does your short term memory ability come back AFTER you heal?

Like can you remember things after WD just like you used to before you took benzo?

[jo...]

I read a lot of people saying that it returns in time. Some say it returns when they have windows even before they recover. But then gets worse again in waves. I dont think it's permenant for most. There's chunks of my life I'd rather forget anyway. Like this one for example.

• Like 1

[Sc...]

I stopped Valium last Saturday (5mg tapered since Feb) and I notice a massive difference in my short term memory. 

I can remember what I am doing, saying, thinking, etc already. 

When I was taking Valium, I could not do this. I do not know if this is normal to return so quickly but mine has seemed to return in less than a week.

I feel it will return for you eventually. We all heal differently but heal eventually. It will come back to you, each day is a step forward :)

I have other WD sxs but my memory seems pretty solid. So it seems different parts of us heal at different times...if that makes sense. I pray your memory returns to you soon. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
[Ca...]

@[Sc...]thank you for this because I've gone searching for answers on short term memory loss, I just feel like ive constant brian fog, cannot remember anything properly when I was on xanax and I just started to get very worried that ive really messed myself up permanently.

@[be...] really hope your feeling abit better by now and fhat your memory has improved even in the smallest way

[Kr...]

Ironically I had no memory problems on Xanax but now after being off I do, but they have gotten better!!!

• Like 1

[Ca...]

@[Kr...]that's exactly.how I was, I felt more sharp and could remember alot, now that I'm CT I can remember hardly anything:idiot:

• Like 1