Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

There must be something.

[jo...]

There must be something that can give us a break from these horrible mental symptoms. I cant even have a glass of beer one night a week without being in fear, so I dont.

I started mirtazapine low does and it knocked me out the first night and has done nothing for me since that I can tell. It's just torturous not having something to look forward too, or give us a day or night of releif.

I've been told seroquel for sleep ocasionally helps but cant get that prescribed were I am. Is there anything that anyone knows of that can give relief to this madness, even if just on occasion? This is too much sometimes. All thoughts are welcome.

Edited by [jo...]

[Ja...]

The only thing that I noticeably helps is,.try keep some routine,.and somet that you feel like you’ve achieved somet for that day

i know exactly what you mean by needing somet to take the edge of,.it’s a long mental tow this,i contemplated getting hammered this week and still am thinking about it,.just to have a day away from it all and visit my family without the thought of anxiety or somet 

Yea this craps a total mental joke buddy,it takes a lot out of you I’ve been totally fed up with it as well

• Like 1

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

It's just hard to beleive whats happening to you sometimes isn't it? How do people get through this when nobody understands or believes what your going through.

Doctor's seem to be the hardest to convince which is scary. There just doesn't seem to be any help. All the support in the world if your an alcoholic or a heroin addict.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have support, of course they should. But where do we go?

Edited by [jo...]
  • Like 1

[Ja...]

That’s it bud,.I was at the docs today and was offered different meds like anti ds/mood stabilisers but I honestly don’t know if it would help the situation at all

theres doesn’t seem a straw to clutch during this,.I held for 5 week there bud and it’s been it’s been a bit of relief,especially sleep wise

It is so frustrating,.seeing folk live there life’s when I carnt even have a coffee at least

• Like 1

[Ja...]

Krissirk I’ve no tried it,.I’ve just been tempted as been totally fed up with the taper,I dare say if I lived myself I would most probably get hammered for a few month untill this crap was out my system lol

[jo...]

Getting pissed sent me into a bit of a tailspin. I wish we could drink it would make this so much easier.

[vo...]

My doctors have prescribed numerous antihistamines and beta blockers to try to calm my body down but they didn't help. The only thing that I have found that truly helps is ambien. Within an hour of taking it, it works for me although it doesn't help me sleep. I know at some point I'm going to have to come off of that too.

[Kr...]

Nothing works. It depends how severe of a case the person is. 
I mean weed, supplements, medicines or foods can make someone feel like they need the emergency room. 
No telling how your nervous system will react.

• Like 2

[jo...]

Some doctors (Benzo Wise) use opiates on their really severe patients. And ketamine.

[Kr...]
Just now, [[v...] said:

My doctors have prescribed numerous antihistamines and beta blockers to try to calm my body down but they didn't help. The only thing that I have found that truly helps is ambien. Within an hour of taking it, it works for me although it doesn't help me sleep. I know at some point I'm going to have to come off of that too.

Antihistamines and beta blockers didn’t do anything positive for me, actually had a reverse reaction.

Ambien works because it’s very similar to how benzos work on the brain.

[Kr...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

Some doctors (Benzo Wise) use opiates on their really severe patients. And ketamine.

Opiates are what worked for me. No negative side effects. Used sporadically throughout tapering 

[vo...]
Just now, [[K...] said:

Antihistamines and beta blockers didn’t do anything positive for me, actually had a reverse reaction.

I do realize that but I just can't take all these nasty feelings in my body anymore. 

1 minute ago, [[K...] said:

[Kr...]
1 minute ago, [[v...] said:

do realize that but I just can't take all these nasty feelings in my body anymore

No judgment here hon. I don’t blame you one bit.

❤️

[jo...]
16 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Opiates are what worked for me. No negative side effects. Used sporadically throughout tapering 

What did they work for? Pain, mental stuff, sleep? I tried codeine once and it just made me vomit.

[Kr...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

What did they work for? Pain, mental stuff, sleep? I tried codeine once and it just made me vomit.

Every symptom you mentioned plus energy vastly improved.  Mood better probably a lot due to sleeping deeper.

• Love 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[K...] said:

Every symptom you mentioned plus energy vastly improved.  Mood better probably a lot due to sleeping deeper.

That sounds good to me.

[jo...]

What kind of opiets? Not that it matters the doctor I have would never prescribe them. Just curious.

[Kr...]

Like any med we all metabolize them differently. 
I think codeine is notoriously upsetting to the stomach.

[jo...]

Never heard of that one. Glad something worked for you though. Did you get nausea?

[Kr...]

I was already so nauseous from the friggin diazepam so it didn’t affect me or make things worse.

• Like 1

[jo...]

Ritalin might help depression. Shame it would probably add to anxiety though.

[Sc...]

Hi jonwil, 

The way I deal with these WD sxs is looking at it like being in a river. If I try to swim against it, I'll get tired and feel awful. If I just let the river move me and don't fight it, I just flow with the water instead of against it, it seems to help. 

I suffer from all kinds of WD sxs atm, depression, fear, agoraphobia, anhedonia, physical pain. I just tell myself, okay brain and body, if this is what you wanna do, go ahead. 

I relax and just let it do it's thing and try my best to function. If I can't that's okay too, because eventually it'll be gone. I'll just chill best I can and let it pass. 

I play games a lot and it takes my mind off it a LOT, if not, I watch comfort shows. Hope this helps. :)

• Like 2

[Mi...]
4 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Hi jonwil, 

The way I deal with these WD sxs is looking at it like being in a river. If I try to swim against it, I'll get tired and feel awful. If I just let the river move me and don't fight it, I just flow with the water instead of against it, it seems to help. 

I suffer from all kinds of WD sxs atm, depression, fear, agoraphobia, anhedonia, physical pain. I just tell myself, okay brain and body, if this is what you wanna do, go ahead. 

I relax and just let it do it's thing and try my best to function. If I can't that's okay too, because eventually it'll be gone. I'll just chill best I can and let it pass. 

I play games a lot and it takes my mind off it a LOT, if not, I watch comfort shows. Hope this helps. :)

Hope everyone will find the way to help with sxs and I'm glad it helps you Schala. I understand the way of thinking and agree this should help with w/d but have you experienced severe akhatisia and feeling like body will explode?...have you managed to reduce such a symptom? Just looking for any help in regard of a/m symptom, the worst imo.