Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

emotional weakness

[Fa...]

Hi guys ! I am dealing with a tremendous emotional weakness, everything affects me very badly, I become depressed, anxious and very angry, even things that I had already overcome, and added to the tremendous anxiety that I have, it is unbearable haha, that is Normal in this process ? Thank you so much

[Sc...]

Hi. First of all first of all, I want to wish you luck in your recovery. Then related to your question, yeah that's quite normal. Everybody has different side effects, but Being over reactive, get angry or anxious and quite easily are some pretty common ahead of the withdrawal. I am also going through a tapering and I can relate with what you're telling. In my case I also have lots of intrusive thoughts and compulsory behavior that is really really difficult to manage. I'm also still in the process but I can tell you, it will get better. It is normal for someone who has been taken depressants to feel everything X10 during the abstinence, the process of recovery is not just getting rid of the substance, it's oso relearning how to Manage your emotions that had been numb quiet long by the effects of the pharm. 

So yeah it's something normal something we'll have to get through and hope you get better day by day. 

Send you my best wishes.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

[Fa...]
Just now, [[S...] said:

Hi. First of all first of all, I want to wish you luck in your recovery. Then related to your question, yeah that's quite normal. Everybody has different side effects, but Being over reactive, get angry or anxious and quite easily are some pretty common ahead of the withdrawal. I am also going through a tapering and I can relate with what you're telling. In my case I also have lots of intrusive thoughts and compulsory behavior that is really really difficult to manage. I'm also still in the process but I can tell you, it will get better. It is normal for someone who has been taken depressants to feel everything X10 during the abstinence, the process of recovery is not just getting rid of the substance, it's oso relearning how to Manage your emotions that had been numb quiet long by the effects of the pharm. 

So yeah it's something normal something we'll have to get through and hope you get better day by day. 

Send you my best wishes.

Thank you very much for your answer ! Well, I am going through the same thing as you, it is very very difficult to handle, it is as if I had forgotten how to manage my emotions, I also wish you a speedy recovery!!

• Like 1

[Kr...]
18 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

very angry, even things that I had already overcome, and added to the tremendous anxiety that I have,

Thanks for sharing this.

same here, I’ve had lots of success overcoming things in the past through therapies, meditation and reprogramming my mind,and now it seems I’m back to where I was before I started healing work years ago. 
The brain is being hijacked in areas that store old traumas and beliefs. They’re all running rampant.

its very difficult to experience this and causes the thought that I never really changed my past. That somehow I am to blame, or am too messed up from past mistakes and trauma.

intrusive thoughts will tell us the worst about ourselves and others.

I have had windows where all that mental crap has lifted and I feel relief. Have to keep going in the faith that things the injury and healing is happening. We will get there.

Today I can have some clarity and post this.

Tomorrow I could be in the exact opposite position mentally and spiritually. And usually that’s when I’m convinced I’m mentally ill or broken and need meds or whatever. I’m telling you if that were true, I wouldn’t have periods where it all totally lifts. It’s hard not to believe anything will change when you’re in the thick of the mental symptoms. ❤️💔❤️‍🩹

• Like 5
  • Love 1

[Sc...]
59 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

Thank you very much for your answer ! Well, I am going through the same thing as you, it is very very difficult to handle, it is as if I had forgotten how to manage my emotions, I also wish you a speedy recovery!!

Yeah you said that, after all this time taking that medicine when you start getting Reed off it, it's like you have to relearn how to deal and to manage feelings and emotions that we had numb or we forgot they even existed. I've been taking those for 6 years, really really high doses (+200 mg diazepam a day). start tapping at the beginning of 2024. Trust me I know what you're talking about it was really really hard in the first weeks, even months. But I can tell you, it gets better, even when you are coming from a consumpsion like mine. It will take it's time and also you will need to make daily effort but that's our task if you want to get out of here. 

Send your blessings and also with you a fast recovery.

• Love 1

[Sc...]
24 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

@[Sc...] what area of study is your doctorate program?

Philosophy of science and technology

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
[Th...]

I have this. I did so much therapy and work and got to a really good place. I feel like all that’s gone now. All my old feelings and trauma are just back and it feels like all the work I did was for nothing. I hope it gets better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 27/06/2024 at 01:49, [[F...] said:

Hi guys ! I am dealing with a tremendous emotional weakness, everything affects me very badly, I become depressed, anxious and very angry, even things that I had already overcome, and added to the tremendous anxiety that I have, it is unbearable haha, that is Normal in this process ? Thank you so much

How is this for you now?

18 hours ago, [[T...] said:

How is this for you now?

Hey thorin ! I'm better, but I'm still dealing with very difficult emotions, therapy helps a lot!! and one's own mental strength, it is one more symptom of withdrawal, horrible yes, but a symptom, as the body recovers, the mind too, what I am more than clear about is that I will never take these poisons again

• Like 1

On 08/09/2024 at 04:18, [[F...] said:

Hey thorin ! I'm better, but I'm still dealing with very difficult emotions, therapy helps a lot!! and one's own mental strength, it is one more symptom of withdrawal, horrible yes, but a symptom, as the body recovers, the mind too, what I am more than clear about is that I will never take these poisons again

I’m glad you’re doing better. Are you generally happy and at peace?

I like to use the 2words "mental discomfort" for every bad psychological symptom i had. The list can get very long if naming every corner of the mind as in wd it's only possible to feel bad feelings imo.

I also think by naming them and bringing them out they get wings. It's hard not to analyse but still the best way to cope is some kind of exceptens that everything that can suck, will suck.

It's normal to feel bad in every possible way it is. 

This is by all means not critics just a coping tip.

Take care.

Edited by [PE...]
  • Like 2