Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Please state your exercise intolerance symptoms

[bl...]

Mine are muscle pain like in arms, sometimes in chest, burping and high anxiety 

[Pi...]

Just increased anxiety, nervousness so I just do moderate exercise.

[Js...]

Hello @[bl...]

I stopped doing heavy exercises some years ago (weight lifting etc) I tend to focus more so on cardio and that "runners high." 

From time to time I will climb some mountains, but that's it.

I can't say I have any symptoms (maybe being able to pop my shoulders, but that's from working at a desk job for so long and had it since 2019)

The excessive burping and benzo belly went away for me in 15 days of being sober so I am clear of that dreadful feeling. 

Cheers

[jo...]

Increase in anxiety, nerve stuff and insomnia for a couple of days.

[C-...]

I tried to exercise all the time when I first got off of benzos, wasn't the best thing at the beginning, but after about half a year, it was the exact opposite, without exercise I wouldn't be as clear as I am right now, in the long run it helped my akathisia walking as much as I did, 4 to 6 hours a day, and as time went by it lessened

Edited by [C-...]

Worsening of sleep and a feeling of being extremely exhausted if i overdo with physical or other activity.

[He...]

Inflamation in joints and tendons even from light weights Ramped up anxiety like brain misunderstand why i worked out and puts all systems in high alert to fight or flight. Exteme sore for many days and pain like a chemical sorness or something.I think it is adrenaline and cortisol pumping out in the body.

I did not have these symtoms after working out before started benzo then it was oposite i felt good and calm relaxed satisfied.

[Sc...]

I just end up feeling so tired. Also my heart rate gets WAY too high.  It seems to make everything worse. Muscle pain, soreness (like DOMS even though I did not lift weights) and weird nerve pain. I miss when exercise used to make me feel fantastic, but soon enough and I'll be there again.