Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Over 3 years now

1 minute ago, [[W...] said:

I see from your history you were originally on 45 mg so really you came off very quickly ! If I'd known I would have slow tapered but too late for that now. We are made out of strong stuff but there is no doubt we have been wounded. Take it easy and know the body is incredibly resilient and will adapt in time

Thank you just hope 1 recovered

. I. Doubting it so much. Xxx

[La...]
20 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Yep, me ! Taken as a muscle relaxant for neck spasm which slowly morphed into  "your anxiety disorder" as stated by the doctor.  So you go in with one thing and come out with another and a new set of pills !  Until I said no,  I'll just deal with whatever it is on my own.

And me! Taken Ambien, a “baby benzo/ benzo cousin” to help with sleep after family tragedy. Never had anxiety or ridiculous fears before taking it. I’ve had NORMAL anxiety as everyone does such as if someone rides on an airplane for the first time or have a couple of hours left to turn in an important report at work. Even those would not be as bad. I’m still in disbelief that little sleeping pill at one point had me scared of my own child visiting me this far out! Mind blowing!!! 

[La...]
20 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Dut you will definitely get better.. I did 10 years ago when I went through it the first time & had no idea what was even going on with me at that time, that was scary as hell.  

I was doing pretty decent this time being 6 months out, but the Neurologist just prescribed me Gabapentin for nerve pain, stress & severe skin burning just  the beginning of this month. I was hesitant & made it known to him after seeing other's warn about setbacks caused by it.  After taking it for maybe 4 days I threw that shit out in the garage & left his office a nice message.  I've felt like im back in acute for the past 3 weeks but think im leveling off a bit now maybe & will just deal with the symptoms until I am better again. im angry at myself for letting my guard down & letting him downtalk me &  "educating me"

I don't want to feel angry but when I think about this guy now all I want to do is hurt  him.  Im not a violent person at all but since the beginning of this withdrawal ive changed in  ways ill never understand.

hang in there your going to be ok!

Am sorry that happened to you. Some of these doctors….UGHHH! The MAJORITY of them don’t know how to deal with this and they’re trained to write a prescription for anxiety if they can’t figure out what’s wrong. Sad! EVERYONE has anxiety…it’s natural if you have a physical body. Even a baby does! But there are some people who’s anxiety is above normal. Even those people should be FIRSTLY treated with natural resources. Perhaps a combination of natural remedies instead of giving these injurious pills for things they’re not supposed to be used for. And most of the time, if someone has an anxiety uptick suddenly, with time it will settle back down naturally with time. Who wouldn’t have a rise in anxiety levels if they’re grieving over a loved one/ pet/ friend, etc or lost their job, going through a divorce, etc? With time, ALL of those would settle down. 
Didn’t mean to go on a rant but…this is so awful that doctors are allowed to give those pills out like candy especially for long periods of time. When they crack down on them or you have to switch doctors then they CT people! 

• Like 3

[Le...]
1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

Am sorry that happened to you. Some of these doctors….UGHHH! The MAJORITY of them don’t know how to deal with this and they’re trained to write a prescription for anxiety if they can’t figure out what’s wrong. Sad! EVERYONE has anxiety…it’s natural if you have a physical body. Even a baby does! But there are some people who’s anxiety is above normal. Even those people should be FIRSTLY treated with natural resources. Perhaps a combination of natural remedies instead of giving these injurious pills for things they’re not supposed to be used for. And most of the time, if someone has an anxiety uptick suddenly, with time it will settle back down naturally with time. Who wouldn’t have a rise in anxiety levels if they’re grieving over a loved one/ pet/ friend, etc or lost their job, going through a divorce, etc? With time, ALL of those would settle down. 
Didn’t mean to go on a rant but…this is so awful that doctors are allowed to give those pills out like candy especially for long periods of time. When they crack down on them or you have to switch doctors then they CT people! 

Not just firstly. only with other methods. there is no chemical cure that isnt worse than the original issue. what is needed is the pushers to just say “there is nothing I can do”. 

• Like 1

[La...]
7 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Not just firstly. only with other methods. there is no chemical cure that isnt worse than the original issue. what is needed is the pushers to just say “there is nothing I can do”. 

Yep. Just don’t give these meds unless absolutely necessary for surgery as they’re intended. 

• Like 2

Thank you. How do.I  know it’s withdrawal or my anxiety disorder got worse . Xxxx

[Si...]

Dut have you thought about slowly tapering your other meds?  They might be exacerbating the anxiety.