Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Over 3 years now

[PE...]

Hi my friend. I hope and think you will get better. You deserve to get well Dut.

Be safe.

3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hi my friend. I hope and think you will get better. You deserve to get well Dut.

Be safe.

Thank you. I'm just getting worse.  Xxx

• Sad 1

[La...]

Dut , whether you believe you will heal or not…you still will. But I will say that it’s much better to embrace that you will heal. Thinking you won’t is also a symptom IMO. As long as you stay the course without trying this or that to “ help”, eat clean and take walks or exercise in some way often. Time will do the job! Many thought they wouldn’t heal but did anyway. So you’re not the only one that gets to this kind of thinking. I’ve questioned mine too on a few occasions. But, quickly dismissed letting it take root. I’m a year ahead of you. I sometimes sit down and reasonably think this through in a logical way…will I be the only one who doesn’t heal? No! What evidence do I have of that being a fact? Because I’d still be in a acute phase and because I wouldn’t get windows( no matter how many or how often or how short/ long) and because that’s not the way our brains are made. They’re made to maintain homeostasis. It will automatically repair to keep its natural state. That isn’t predicated on if I believe it will or not. In some cases, does SOME of the injury take longer to repair? Yes! There’s no definite date of complete heal time in this. Everyone heals at their individual brain’s pace. You’re 3 years out. Honestly, IMO, that’s really the average start of the timeframe of completion. I know you’ve probably read 18 months but IMO that is antiquated and not accurate. Why do I say that? If you go to this forum success stories, YouTube success stories and other benzo site’s success stories…3 to 5 or 6 years is the average. Go count them and you’ll see for yourself. 
Don’t buy that “ I won’t heal crap! “  When you do heal, you’ll post your success story like all the rest and you might find yourself typing…

” I thought I’d never heal. But, I was wrong! “ 

we get worn out especially being 3,4,5,etc years out. Rightly so! it’s annoying after that much time and still dealing with symptoms. Believe me, I know! I’m so ready for this to be complete! 

Edited by [La...]
  • Like 4

Thank you.  I will.most definatly write a success story.  Can't wait.  The thing that worries me is that 5 health care professionals have all said it is no longer withdrawal.  X 

My doctor said its my anxiety disorder got.worse. thank you.  Xx

5 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Yes they all seem to say that! No doubt they want you on another drug ! It is a terrible nocebo to hear that from a doctor. If it is anxiety then you can tackle it another way by reading books by Claire Weekes etc. or try a therapist. But as others have said it is more than likely your CNS is still healing.

What even after 3 years xxx

[Le...]

a bit funny thing is I would be surprised if someone could wd from benzos without developing anxiety. it is quite something to go through. 

Edited by [Le...]
bad thumb typer

[WU...]
5 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

people took benzos for other reasons and ended up diagnosed with anxiety disorders. 

Yep, me ! Taken as a muscle relaxant for neck spasm which slowly morphed into  "your anxiety disorder" as stated by the doctor.  So you go in with one thing and come out with another and a new set of pills !  Until I said no,  I'll just deal with whatever it is on my own.

• Like 3

[no...]

Dut you will definitely get better.. I did 10 years ago when I went through it the first time & had no idea what was even going on with me at that time, that was scary as hell.  

I was doing pretty decent this time being 6 months out, but the Neurologist just prescribed me Gabapentin for nerve pain, stress & severe skin burning just  the beginning of this month. I was hesitant & made it known to him after seeing other's warn about setbacks caused by it.  After taking it for maybe 4 days I threw that shit out in the garage & left his office a nice message.  I've felt like im back in acute for the past 3 weeks but think im leveling off a bit now maybe & will just deal with the symptoms until I am better again. im angry at myself for letting my guard down & letting him downtalk me &  "educating me"

I don't want to feel angry but when I think about this guy now all I want to do is hurt  him.  Im not a violent person at all but since the beginning of this withdrawal ive changed in  ways ill never understand.

hang in there your going to be ok!

Edited by [no...]
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Yes when you think about it 3 years isn't all that long compared to how long most of us have been unwell while taking the drug, interdose withdrawal and then tapering for some people. Our CNS is tough but it has been wounded so needs a nice calm environment to build itself back up. 

Are you better now. Xx

8 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Dut you will definitely get better.. I did 10 years ago when I went through it the first time & had no idea what was even going on with me.  I was doing pretty decent being 6 months out this time, but the Neurologist just prescribed me Gabapentin for nerve pain & severe skin burning. I was hesitant & made it known to him after seeing people warning about setbacks caused by it.  Ive felt like im back in acute for the past 3 weeks but think its levelling  off now. im angry at myself for letting my guard down & letting him downtalk me &  "educating me"

I dont want to feel angry but when I think about this guy now all I want to do is hurt  him.  Im not a violent person at all but since the beginning of this withdrawal ive changed in  ways ill never understand.

hang in there your going to be ok!

That's awful 

Xx

Thank you when i got near the end of my tapper my doctor told me to take 2mg of Diazapan for 2weeks then 1mg for a week then stop 

So I did  xx