Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Did I completely ruin my chance of recovery ?

[S_...]

Guys I'm soo confused some people are saying supplements are safe during withdrawal and others saying it will set you back and I just read on Ashton manual where it says that some multivitamins have benzo like effects! I'm freaking out ! Do they really effect you like benzos? Do they have any medications that I'm not aware of ? Godd I'm soo mad at my self for taking it but I just took it for 3 days :( and I don't even know if it was a good quality one or not. I can't stop thinking about it. 

[Le...]

I had to stop reading about stuff during withdrawal because it made me nervous. That was just the way i did it. I can take suppliments and others cant. Its pretty much trial and error. I dont believe they act like benzoes though. Hope this was of some help to you.

Edited by [Le...]
  • Like 1

[S_...]

@[Le...] hi lemon what supplements are u takeing ? Did you try multivitamins ? And how long out after u were out did u start taking them ?

[Le...]

Yes i did try a multi vitamin after a year off. Didnt affect me in any negative way. The only thing that really increased my anxiety was coffee. So I had to stop drinking coffee for 6 months. But some cant take them because there nervoussystem is so sensitive. But if they wait long enough, those who couldnt take them in the beginning might eventually be able to.

[S_...]

@[Le...] that's the thing you were already off for a year but I feel like it was too early for me to take I hope this didn't set me back :( my wave is still really bad but it's not worse than taking alchohol or antibiotics right ? I heard some people takeing alchohol and antibiotics during their withdrawal and they were fine not that I wanna touch alchohol but I mean 3 days of multivitamins is nothing compared to those right  ?

[in...]
20 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

@[Le...] that's the thing you were already off for a year but I feel like it was too early for me to take I hope this didn't set me back :( my wave is still really bad but it's not worse than taking alchohol or antibiotics right ? I heard some people takeing alchohol and antibiotics during their withdrawal and they were fine not that I wanna touch alchohol but I mean 3 days of multivitamins is nothing compared to those right  ?

I can assure you that multivitamins won't cause you any type of problems.

Benzo is a heavy tranquilizer. 

Multivitamins are simply vitamins.

It's like comparing a glass of water to vodka! I mean they're both liquids.

Don't worry! You're going to be 100% ok!

Try to shift your focus to exercise for example. This way you'll have to think about something else. Plus you feel soooo much better afterwards! That's a promise. I'm living proof of it!

Have a great day! / I

• Like 2

[PE...]

Like i said in your post yesterday about the same thing. The body doesn't know if you get the vitamins from pills or from food. For example I just ate a half chicken and got plenty of B12 when consuming it. If I had taken a b12 pill instead the body wouldn't know the difference. 

Do you understand?

Peace☺️☺️

• Like 1

[S_...]

@[PE...] I know but I just read on Ashton manual that supplements can act similar to a benzo and that really freaked me out and I thought maybe they contain a medication or something I'm not aware of and what about the side effects in those pills I mean surely it would be better to get those vitamins naturally without the synthetic stuff anyways I know that all of this is my ocd and makeing it worse but my brain won't stop  :(

[PE...]
7 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

@[PE...] I know but I just read on Ashton manual that supplements can act similar to a benzo and that really freaked me out and I thought maybe they contain a medication or something I'm not aware of and what about the side effects in those pills I mean surely it would be better to get those vitamins naturally without the synthetic stuff anyways I know that all of this is my ocd and makeing it worse but my brain won't stop  :(

If she said that vitamins works as benzos she was rambling. You might get trigged by something you are sensitive to. Some members can only eat certain food or they get anxiety or worse wd symptoms in general. 

Are you sensitive to any foods?

• Love 1

[PE...]

And what's the name if the vitamins you took? We can check what it contains. 

[S_...]

@[PE...] no I can eat anything I want without a problem not even caffeine bothers me and I was perfectly fine for 2 months until I made a dumb move and masturbated then that threw me into a huge wave which I then freaked out and took multivitamins and now I even got more triggered after reading the Ashton manual ughh I don't know what's going on it could be my hormones or something my ocd and mental symptoms are  through the roof 😭! And my face looks bloated as hell my skin was soo perfect for the past 2 month and my mood was soo good like why in the world did I do that .I feel like this wave will stay a long time :(

• Sad 1

[PE...]

Sorry to hear that.. so it's either the masturbate thing or the vitamins. 

There are no way to find this out what it was..

Good thing you can eat anything. That makes me believe it wasn't the vitamins but it's impossible to tell.

• Like 1

[S_...]

@[PE...] I took new chapter womens daily multi vitamin but I got it off from amazon and It looks different from the original version I didn't even take a good quality one I hope there wasn't anything synthetic in it will I bounce back from this wave ?  😭 

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[S...] said:

@[PE...] I took new chapter womens daily multi vitamin but I got it off from amazon and It looks different from the original version I didn't even take a good quality one I hope there wasn't anything synthetic in it will I bounce back from this wave ?  😭 

I don't get waves or windows but as I understand it waves comes and waves goes.. 

Was this your first wave?

Sorry about that..yes it will pass for you.

• Like 1

[PE...]

I googled and this us what they contain 

Organic tapioca syrup, organic inulin agave, water, organic cane sugar; less than 2% of: pectin, color (organic black carrot), natural flavors, sodium citrate, citric acid, ferment media (saccharomyces cerevisiae, molasses), organic sunflower oil, organic carnauba wax,

[PE...]

Organic stuff from the nature. Good stuff. 

I don't think there are cheap copies of vitamins as vitamins are very cheap to manufacture in the first place..

• Like 1

[S_...]

No I had alot of waves and windows before this but this one feels different and my physical symptoms are gone it's more of mental anxiety and ocd but it's still bad and I can't feel joy for the past few days  😭

• Like 1

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[S...] said:

No I had alot of waves and windows before this but this one feels different and my physical symptoms are gone it's more of mental anxiety and ocd but it's still bad and I can't feel joy for the past few days  😭

That sucks.. but I'm sure this wave will pass just like your previous ones..

I know it's hard right now but as it's impossible to know what really set this wave off try to fill your brain with something else. And in the future stay away from any kind of supplement until your done with this. 

Maybe walk outside if you are able to do that??

OCD seems tough..

• Like 1

[S_...]

Yea I tried to walk but makes no difference :( I guess I have to give it some more time

• Like 1