Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Overwhelmed, just speaking to someone

[gu...]

Ridiculous chemical terror, and feeling of overwhelming breaking down just trying to have a conversation with another person! Withdrawal sucks!

[pi...]

@[gu...], yes, withdrawal does suck. It disrupts so much of our lives and that darned flight/fight response is highly activated. I found that going out of my comfort zone was exhausting. I was queen of cancellations in my early days of recovery just to avoid the feelings. Finally, I decided to pat myself on the back any time I went out of that comfort zone, whether I was successful or not. The good  thing is that this went away, slowly. I do remember finally going to the salon to get my hair cut after avoiding for a long time. One of my friends was there and I recall have a really great conversation with her and not suffering any fall back from it. This was a step towards recovery and I kept taking those steps. It does get better!

• Love 1

[gu...]

Piano girl, thank you for sharing that story. What’s really hard for me is that when I was in the early stages of withdrawal I didn’t have these kinds of symptoms. As you probably know, I’m in this horrible setback at 7 1/2 years having all these acute like symptoms, I’ve never experienced before. It’s pretty scary. 

[pi...]
4 minutes ago, [[g...] said:

Piano girl, thank you for sharing that story. What’s really hard for me is that when I was in the early stages of withdrawal I didn’t have these kinds of symptoms. As you probably know, I’m in this horrible setback at 7 1/2 years having all these acute like symptoms, I’ve never experienced before. It’s pretty scary. 

Yes @[gu...], I read your post about the setback. It’s really doesn’t matter what caused the setback, to whether withdrawal or other external or internal issues, the solutions I used can work for them as well. It’s not allowing the anxiety, panic or fear to win, to acknowledge it and let it be there.