Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hair loss?

[vo...]

Has anyone dealt with hair loss that might be a result of withdrawal or anxiety related withdrawal?

[Ma...]

Yes-it’s extremely common and by almost every account it all comes back.

For some, since they’re now eating more vegetables and fruit and eating an overall better diet than they ever have, in addition to being much more hydrated, their hair and skin is fuller and more radiant than before!

• Like 3

[He...]

Yes. If you search you can find so many similar topics. I have hair loss even though when I have a setback. I hope that my hair will return to normal again when I recover from this setback.

[mo...]

Yes I've lost alot. But also from age. Hope it fills in when off benzo

Yes. My hair was constantly falling off while i was in benzo tolerance and tapering. It's absolutely back to normal now.

• Like 2

Oh yes.  My hair has been coming out in large clumps.  I have a large bald spot now.  6 months ago I had a full head of hair.  It's called telogen effluvium which can be triggered by major stressful events.  Once the stressor is gone it takes like 6 months to grow back.  I hope I get at least some hair back.  More importantly, I want this withdrawal to end.

[Bo...]

I have lost hair, and have a lot of damage, dry, lifeless. I thought it was from having COVID last December, but now wondering if taper and withdrawal are also playing a part.

[En...]
9 hours ago, [[v...] said:

Has anyone dealt with hair loss that might be a result of withdrawal or anxiety related withdrawal?

I have lost hair and got much grayer as compared to photos prior to use. 

[Ca...]

My hair is falling out and fortunately I have thick hair but I notice my hairline has receded and my hair is extremely dry. All w/d related. ANd I also hate when it's time to wash it. It's exhausting and overwhelming.

10 hours ago, [[v...] said:

Yes I lost most of my hair the 1st 6 months it came back thicker and curly.

[st...]

During the withdrawal I lost more than half of my hair.  A lot of the hair would come out when I was combing or washing it. I looked almost bold and most of it turned gray. Since I finished the withdrawal, all my hair grew back and 90% returned to it's natural color.

The epidermis or the outer skin on the head ulcerates and becomes dry, flaky, cold, and it showed up as dandruff. Slightly deeper ulceration of the epidermal skin causes hair loss or what they call alopecia.

It was much easier for me to not worry about this symptom when I understood why it was happening. I learned that hair loss was related to being separated from someone and loss of physical contact like: fear of loosing touch with a loved one, feeling rejection, separation from husband if divorced or children and friends.

Another reason can be wanting to separate from something or someone and this is what I experienced. I wanted to intensely separate from the withdrawal, which I hated so much, and that's why I had tons of dandruff and huge loss of hair. This was also accompanied by short-term memory loss. When I resolved this issue, by finishing the withdrawal, all my hair grew back very quickly.

Edited by [st...]
  • Like 2