Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Afraid of my own husband

[gu...]

This morning, just talking to my husband caused me to feel overwhelmed and shaky. Then I felt afraid to go outside. I am female, by the way. This is a new level of fear for me. If this is healing going on, I must really be healing lol

Edited by [gu...]

[kn...]

Lots of the conversations I have with my wife are about schedules, expectations and the like. Even if the conversational tone is good and there isn’t anything untoward discussed, I come out of it unnerved. It really seems to have nothing to do with our interactions, but more to do with the fact that it’s getting harder and harder for me to deal with interactions with people, regardless of who they are. It just leaves me exhausted and anxious. This, in turn carries over into what else goes on for the rest of the day. It does make going out or doing anything just that much harder.  I can’t say whether it’s a sign of healing or not, it’s definitely a WD symptom from my point of view. 

[in...]
10 minutes ago, [[k...] said:

Lots of the conversations I have with my wife are about schedules, expectations and the like. Even if the conversational tone is good and there isn’t anything untoward discussed, I come out of it unnerved. It really seems to have nothing to do with our interactions, but more to do with the fact that it’s getting harder and harder for me to deal with interactions with people, regardless of who they are. It just leaves me exhausted and anxious. This, in turn carries over into what else goes on for the rest of the day. It does make going out or doing anything just that much harder.  I can’t say whether it’s a sign of healing or not, it’s definitely a WD symptom from my point of view. 

I'm the exact same way! Those words could've been mine without a doubt!

• Love 1

[in...]
42 minutes ago, [[k...] said:

It must be WD since you're not unique with this!

• Like 1

[pi...]

@[gu...], fear is a withdrawal symptom. Each of have different fears during this process. It’s important to remember they are caused by the drug and it’s withdrawal. I found just letting my fears and anxiety be there worked for me. I did a lot of self talk, letting my fears know that they can’t hurt me, that we could coexist until they decided to leave.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[Cr...]

I often felt afraid to go outside or talk to others whenever I was feeling my worst because I felt as though people could see my fear, anxiety, etc.

And it always made me feel even worse if people said stuff like "Are you Ok?" or "Is something wrong?" because it made me feel I must be really bad if people can tell just by looking at me.

Other times I simply just did not want to talk to people because I didn't have any emotional energy left to dedicate to casual conversation. When you feel like you are holding yourself together by a thread a simple conversation feels like it will make you lose focus on holding yourself together and cause a mental breakdown.

• Like 3

[En...]
9 hours ago, [[g...] said:

This morning, just talking to my husband caused me to feel overwhelmed and shaky. Then I felt afraid to go outside. I am female, by the way. This is a new level of fear for me. If this is healing going on, I must really be healing lol

Yes I had this as well with my wife. When she got home from work I got anxiety. I didnt talk much to her when she was home and felt uncomfortable when she was in the same room as me. That goes away with time. 

It is a scary feeling fearing your own spouse. 

• Wow 1

[Ca...]

I can relate. For me it's definitely the wd because we had plenty to chat about prior thereto and now when my husband or daughter speak to me I feel like putting my hands over my ears and saying "nah nah".

[PE...]
8 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I often felt afraid to go outside or talk to others whenever I was feeling my worst because I felt as though people could see my fear, anxiety, etc.

And it always made me feel even worse if people said stuff like "Are you Ok?" or "Is something wrong?" because it made me feel I must be really bad if people can tell just by looking at me.

Other times I simply just did not want to talk to people because I didn't have any emotional energy left to dedicate to casual conversation. When you feel like you are holding yourself together by a thread a simple conversation feels like it will make you lose focus on holding yourself together and cause a mental breakdown.

Lol yeah you know you looked fucked up when people ask stuff like that 😄

I was better off alone a long time. I just couldn't take those eyes looking at me as i had AIDS. And i mean like having it in the 80ies when they looked like shit and died as flies. If they looked at me normal i just thought they put up a face.