Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Which Med = Withdrawal Length?

[Js...]
8 hours ago, [[G...] said:

I went to college with multiple Native Americans and this was them, as well!  Not the flushing - they would have horrible rage issues and other symptoms if they drank.  It does seem to be that certain ethnicities get the brunt of the effects.   

Now I have to look into this.  

How are you doing on the timeline?  What is your experience? 

I am doing great!

Actively job hunting and among other things. The timeline was short but very intense. I did not think I would survive frankly.

The rapid taper I did of 1.5 weeks was miserable and situational, the first 14 days of sobriety was even more intense. Benzo belly went away after 14 days. Sleep now is stable. The shocks and twitching....I can't remember. Measuring time is sort of difficult and I need to write things down.

I have not wrote a success story/intro thread as I am holding on to that hope that I am in the clear and I do not have a strange wave. I also fear of discouraging many who may have longer timelines or I fear that I'm just in self denial and tell myself "You're fine" when I may still be experiencing withdrawals in the days to come aside from some anxiety.

When it comes to anxiety, I think of it as me giving a class presentation. I just throw myself to the wolves and hope for the best, knowing I do not have a choice.

Example:

If I don't work or find a job I will be homeless > anxiety :ROFLMAO:

If I don't eat healthy I will feel like death > than a bag of chips

Yes, I believe Native Americans and Asians share some genetic make up. I wonder how these genetic make ups affect our recovery. 

[Bu...]
7 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Example:

If I don't work or find a job I will be homeless > anxiety :ROFLMAO:

If I don't eat healthy I will feel like death > than a bag of chips

I love this!  I talk to myself a lot this way, but never knew how to express this so succinctly. 

• Like 1