Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Screwed up with my taper, help needed!

[47...]

[47...]

Hi, i was talking on the phone while preparing my liquid dose and i was distracted so i mixed the liquid with water but i forgot to remove anything from that dose, so instead of making 2mg and remove 0.15mg and take 1.85mg i took the whole 2mg, when i noticed what i did i was sweating in panic, i dont know how to fix this, i actually updosed 0.15mg and ruined my taper, i am gonna remove that from my other dose (i take diazepam twice a day) but i dont know how will that affect my progress and how i am supposed to fix that mess. In panic for the first time since i started with my micro tapering 3 months ago.

Help will be very much apreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

[Cr...]

I would not panic. This is basically a one-off situation. It would probably take several doses at 2mg for your body to become dependent on that amount.

It was also just a micro-dose. Even if you said you accidentally took an extra 1 mg just one time you would probably be fine and not need to make any adjustments to your current dose.

Just take it as a learning experience to not lose focus when preparing your dose next time. :thumbsup: 

Since you gave yourself quite the panic, you will probably be feeling the aftershocks of the anxiety for a little while. Keep that in mind if you don't feel quite right later on.

• Like 1

[Cr...]
Just now, [[D...] said:

But should i remove that fromthe next dose?

Yes, I don't see why not. You don't need to taper from 2mg again. Both of your daily doses do not need to match. 

[47...]
Just now, [[C...] said:

Yes, I don't see why not. You don't need to taper from 2mg again. Both of your daily doses do not need to match. 

I actually was on 1.20mg in the other dose. I was tapering just from that one, the morning dose cause i was getting side effects, oversedation, low blood presure, dizziness, so i was going to get rid of thst one first and then will continue with the night dose (the one i screwed up). So i was having 1.85mg night and 1.20mg morning.

[Cr...]
2 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

I actually was on 1.20mg in the other dose. I was tapering just from that one, the morning dose cause i was getting side effects, oversedation, low blood presure, dizziness, so i was going to get rid of thst one first and then will continue with the night dose (the one i screwed up). So i was having 1.85mg night and 1.20mg morning.

All the more reason not to worry. If you want to remove .15 mg from your evening dose to compensate that may be OK as well. You should be fine either way. Well... as fine as someone going through withdrawal can be.

[47...]
9 hours ago, [[C...] said:

All the more reason not to worry. If you want to remove .15 mg from your evening dose to compensate that may be OK as well. You should be fine either way. Well... as fine as someone going through withdrawal can be.

I would remove from the morning dose, i messed with the night dose, all in order to have the same total mg at the end of the 24h. Updose is not aceptable.  But dont know if i should do that just one time and go back to former dosage next day or do i have to remain in this new one.  

Edited by Guest

[Cr...]

I think you are putting too much thought into this. Just count today as an anomaly and when tomorrow comes just continue with your doses as you were going to (1.20 am and 1.85 pm).

If you start messing around with other doses on other days trying to course correct you might complicate matters and confuse yourself.

[47...]

Sorry if i confused you with the timing. I am in Europe. It's 2.20am here.

Edited by Guest

[47...]
Just now, [[C...] said:

I think you are putting too much thought into this. Just count today as an anomaly and when tomorrow comes just continue with your doses as you were going to (1.20 am and 1.85 pm).

If you start messing around with other doses on other days trying to course correct you might complicate matters and confuse yourself.

Thanks @[Cr...] you are always there when needed.

[47...]
9 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Since you gave yourself quite the panic, you will probably be feeling the aftershocks of the anxiety for a little while. Keep that in mind if you don't feel quite right later on.

I wasn't having a panic attack or anxiety attack, i was using panic as the expression you use when someone is so overwhelmed and worried and actually sweating but i forgot this crap gets paradoxical when you updose and i am restless now, can't sleep even i feel sleepy.

Edited by Guest

[st...]

Hi, when that happened to me I'd reduce the next morning dose by the error. This way the accumulated mg in the body doesn't go up, just averages to the same balance.

If I only went up and not down, the accumulated would also go up.

[47...]

For the record.

It took me over 2 hours to fall sleep even though i was very sleepy, i felt so restless and after 3-4 hours of poor sleep i woke up very restless again, tossing and turning in bed like crazy for hours with a big headache too and my ears ringing like hell.

I hadnt taper from this dose for 3 months so my body didnt like the updose and it went paradoxical, i feel horrible today. I thought it would make sleep well at least but it didnt and it did mess up a lot cause the only good thing about my WD is that i was having decent sleep and the bad symptoms during the day.

I will remove the error from the morning dose and see what happens.

I hope this will go back to normal when i resume my normal dosage.

I am so mad at myself for messing up like this.

Thanks to those who helped here.

Edited by Guest