Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Three Year Anniversary since CT from 3 weeks of use

[Ne...]

[Ne...]

Not quite there yet as to “full recovery” but I know what to expect so manageable. I sill have broken sleep with pseudo sleep ( half awake half sleep with silly stories going on in my head) from 3:30 am on and mild tinnitus.  I have not had any alcohol during this recovery and take only 1 mg of melatonin and 1 magnesium glycinate before bed (of which I don’t know if it helps me at all).  What has helped me the most to-date is acceptance and gratitude.  I am thankful that I stopped after the 21 days as it appears my system was highly sensitive and reactive to the benzo!  When I go into the dips/waves I reassure myself that it is one day more into recovery and no one can take that away from me.  I wish all of you some peace and reassurance as you go through this journey to be a stronger you tomorrow.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

[st...]

Congratulations! As a fellow short-timer, I can relate to your experience. It just keeps getting better at its own pace. Thank you for reminding us how powerful we can be! :love:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

[Ne...]
Posted (edited)

Lavender fields.  Yes.  The most uninterrupted sleep I have experienced is 3.5 hours to 4 and it is early in the night rather than the latter half.  But I usually wake up around 1 to 2 hours after I go to sleep and my pseudo sleep is during the last half of the night.   Before Temazepam, I slept through the night hardly ever waking up.

Edited by [Ne...]

[la...]

Hmm okay. thats rather not good news for me. I know every ones experience is different but i'm four months in cold turkey and experience what you said pseudo sleep for 70 days or what I call nonpercieved sleep. That just scares me. I hope you continue to heal <3 

[Ne...]
7 hours ago, [[l...] said:

Hmm okay. thats rather not good news for me. I know every ones experience is different but i'm four months in cold turkey and experience what you said pseudo sleep for 70 days or what I call nonpercieved sleep. That just scares me. I hope you continue to heal <3 

Think of it as good news.  This pseudo sleep came later in my healing process.  In the beginning, for several months, I did not get much sleep at all. Do you feel tired the next day?  I hardly ever feel tired.  Early on, I was told by a BB not to fear not sleeping and this has helped me immensely.

[La...]

Newbie congratulations on your 3 year anniversary. I hope you continue to get better and heal completely. You’ll go on to live a much better life in appreciating even the small things…especially you’ll be overjoyed to not have waves/ symptoms any more. Lately I’ve been thinking about what that is like to wake up with no symptoms and your only “ issue” is to figure out what you want to do for the day. 

[ma...]
On 24/6/2024 at 22:27, [[N...] said:

Todavía no he llegado a la “recuperación total”, pero sé qué esperar de manera manejable. Todavía tengo un sueño interrumpido con un pseudo sueño (medio despierto, medio dormido con historias tontas en mi cabeza) desde las 3:30 a. m. en adelante y tinnitus leve. No he bebido nada de alcohol durante esta recuperación y solo tomo 1 mg de melatonina y 1 glicinato de magnesio antes de acostarme (de los cuales no sé si me ayuda en algo). Lo que más me ha ayudado hasta la fecha es la aceptación y la gratitud. ¡Estoy agradecido de haberlo dejado después de los 21 días ya que parece que mi sistema era muy sensible y reactivo al benzo! Cuando entro en los chapuzones/olas me aseguro que es un día más de recuperación y nadie me lo puede quitar. Les deseo a todos un poco de paz y tranquilidad a medida que avanzan en este viaje para ser más fuertes mañana.

Three weeks of use for more than three years of pain.The damage these drugs cause is incredible.I feel so angry, I don't believe in doctors anymore, I wish I had never gone.I'm sorry but the pain and suffering is too much, it's too much.

• Like 1

[ma...]
On 25/6/2024 at 3:52, [[N...] said:

Campos de lavanda. Sí. El sueño más ininterrumpido que he experimentado es de 3,5 a 4 horas y es temprano en la noche en lugar de la segunda mitad. Pero normalmente me despierto entre 1 y 2 horas después de irme a dormir y mi pseudo sueño es durante la última mitad de la noche. Antes del temazepam, dormía toda la noche y casi nunca me despertab

I've been 27 months almost 28 and my sleep is like yours, I still have 0 hour nights That is my biggest symptom, although these days I am having flu-like symptoms that last a day, disappear and then return.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Os...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [BW...]
    • [En...]
    • [Tu...]
    • [El...]
    • [Da...]
    • [Ap...]
    • [...]
    • [El...]