Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I need an advice

[He...]

Hello. I have never imagined that I will write similar post but I need an advice. I am in a setback caused by dental anaesthesia. The last two months were hard for me. First I extracted my wisdom tooth in the middle of May. The dentist used dental anaesthesia with epinephrine and this gave me setback. I also must make a dental filling. I tried to make it two times but I couldn’t stay with the materials. They brought me so many symptoms so I must extract this tooth also. I extracted it at Friday with carbocaine. I was ok with it.

Now I am trying to recover. You know what I mean - my sleep pattern is not the best, I am waking up at every hour, I am having so many nightmares, the mornings are really hard, the intrusive memories are always with me. I don’t want to do anything. I am functional but I just want to lay down. The problem is that we have a holiday this week and I’m wondering if it will be good idea to go. I don’t want to disappoint my husband but I am still very fragile and sensitive. I am really worried about the food. I am very sensitive now to what I am eating. It is clear that I will not drink an alcohol but I cannot eat. We will travel with car. I don’t have problems with travelling but I am still worried.

What do you think? Is it good idea to go? The vacation will be for 7 days. Or maybe I am dramatic too much? I just don’t know. Thank you that you are reading me.

[Cr...]

It depends on how you want to view things

If you are going to feel these horrible symptoms whether stuck at home or on vacation, perhaps going on the vacation will at least prevent you from feeling guilt for not going.

Make it known to your husband prior to the trip that you don't know what you will be capable of handling food wise. If there are other friends/family on this holiday you don't need to divulge benzo withdrawal or its peripheral issues, just state that complications from dental procedures have affected what you can eat for a bit.

When feeling so awful we become fearful which leads to agoraphobia. Feeling safest in the comfort of your own home or familiar environments is normal.

If you think it is best just to stay home, then just be blunt and appolgize for not anticipating that complications from recent dental work would be causing you symptoms so prominent that they are affecting your ability to enjoy many activities.

• Like 1