Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

HOW LONG DOES SHORTNESS OF BREATH LAST

[ca...]
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Try not to be too upset with her. She means well. Many people think that benzos are like any other drug or medication in that if someone is having trouble coming off it is because they are "addicted" and they only need to find a way to stop using the med to quickly recover (like a detox). As we know that is rarely ever the case with benzos, especially for those that find their way onto this site. 

This process is rough. Imagine doing a cold turkey off of 6 to 10 mg if clonazepam after many years of use like Pamster did. Insomnia was one of the worst symptoms for her just like it is for you. The thing that sucks about insomnia is that sleep is not only a temporary escape from withdrawal, but it helps give us the physical and mental strength to endure withdrawal while awake.

Little by little things will improve. The changes may be ever so slight as to hardly be noticed at first. You seem like a fighter Carlos. That is good. I will do my best to see you through this.

Hi Crono, hope you are well. As much as I try not to, I continue to freak out about the new brand they gave me and I started the taper with. I'm concerned about this Aurobindo brand having some weird ingredient that will make me sick or affect my organs. Even when I take my doses I don't feel any relief. Do you think that I will eventually stabilize if I continue using this brand?

Edited by [ca...]

[Cr...]
3 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Hi Crono, hope you are well. As much as I try not to, I continue to freak out about the new brand they gave me and I started the taper with. I'm concerned about this Aurobindo brand having some weird ingredient that will make me sick or affect my organs. Even when I take my doses I don't feel any relief. Do you think that I will eventually stabilize if I continue using this brand?

At this point you have been on that brand almost.. 3 months? I am sure your body has probably adjusted to any differences between the brands by now. In fact, if you went back to your previous brand at .75 mg you may find your body noticing the difference and causing worse symptoms.

Of course if this is going to bother you for awhile, you could always search hard to find Teva brand to test out if it works better. My guess is it will be either the same feeling or worse (because of another change).

Look what happened when you cut from .75 down to .25 mg and ended up in the hospital. Well your previous cut from 2mg down to .75 mg was more than twice as much. I am sure that is the bigger factor at play here.

If aurobindo had different fillers that caused you to absorb less than normal (say .71 mg) it would be miniscule and pale in comparison to your huge first cut.

[ca...]
2 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

At this point you have been on that brand almost.. 3 months? I am sure your body has probably adjusted to any differences between the brands by now. In fact, if you went back to your previous brand at .75 mg you may find your body noticing the difference and causing worse symptoms.

Of course if this is going to bother you for awhile, you could always search hard to find Teva brand to test out if it works better. My guess is it will be either the same feeling or worse (because of another change).

Look what happened when you cut from .75 down to .25 mg and ended up in the hospital. Well your previous cut from 2mg down to .75 mg was more than twice as much. I am sure that is the bigger factor at play here.

If aurobindo had different fillers that caused you to absorb less than normal (say .71 mg) it would be miniscule and pale in comparison to your huge first cut.

Thanks Crono. You always lift me up.

This shortness of breath will subside sooner or later, right?

[Cr...]
8 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Thanks Crono. You always lift me up.

This shortness of breath will subside sooner or later, right?

No problem. Since your doctors have said your heart is currently in  ok shape, that pretty much only leaves withdrawal. Withdrawal symptoms do eventually subside.

However, I noticed in your posts when you first joined that you mentioned having shortness of breath even on your max dose. So that could also mean it may be a side effect. Either way, the important thing to remember is that it is just a sensation and you pretty much have proof that you are not being deprived of oxygen.

Shortness of breath and the sensation of it are very common anxiety symptoms as well. Going through what you are, I imagine your anxiety is pretty high.

[ca...]
19 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Hi Crono, they have another brand which I have used before, Solco.

I am really suffering with the Arobindo brand. It feels like the cut I made was ever higher. Should I try the Solco one? I feel no releif with Aurobindo

[ca...]
28 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Hi Crono, they have another brand which I have used before, Solco.

I am really suffering with the Arobindo brand. It feels like the cut I made was ever higher. Should I try the Solco one? I feel no releif with Aurobindo

I just went to the pharmacy and ironically they had the Teva. I will keep you updated as I will take my oon dose. I feel awful right bow 

[Cr...]
31 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

I just went to the pharmacy and ironically they had the Teva. I will keep you updated as I will take my oon dose. I feel awful right bow 

:thumbsup: awesome. And yes, please keep me updated.

[ca...]
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

:thumbsup: awesome. And yes, please keep me updated.

Hi Crono, so I have some news. It is defenitely noticeable the difference these two MFG's.  I took .25mg of the Teva and it helped me feel more relax and took care of the shortness of breath, and a little headache at least for now. 

Now, the million dollar question is, how does this affect my taper as this brand is stronger than the previous one? Do I need to make any reductions to any of my doses?

Hopefully I sleep better tonight. Look forward to your reply. 

[Cr...]
40 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Hi Crono, so I have some news. It is defenitely noticeable the difference these two MFG's.  I took .25mg of the Teva and it helped me feel more relax and took care of the shortness of breath, and a little headache at least for now. 

Now, the million dollar question is, how does this affect my taper as this brand is stronger than the previous one? Do I need to make any reductions to any of my doses?

Hopefully I sleep better tonight. Look forward to your reply. 

Well you haven't re-started your taper yet correct?

It should not affect your taper, other than in the future if this brand runs out. Check with your pharmacy if they can tell you if they think they will have a regular supply of Teva for the next few months. (I think production is picking up in August).

A 5 to 10% cut is going to be the same no matter how brand. Fillers and binder agents can affect not only how much of a med you absorb but also affect the elimination/half-life properties as well, but usually very miniscule.

Once you start tapering is when it would be best to stick with one brand. Particularly once you get down to really low doses.

I am so glad you finally got some relief! Now I hope that translates into some sleep tonight.

[ca...]
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Well you haven't re-started your taper yet correct?

It should not affect your taper, other than in the future if this brand runs out. Check with your pharmacy if they can tell you if they think they will have a regular supply of Teva for the next few months. (I think production is picking up in August).

A 5 to 10% cut is going to be the same no matter how brand. Fillers and binder agents can affect not only how much of a med you absorb but also affect the elimination/half-life properties as well, but usually very miniscule.

Once you start tapering is when it would be best to stick with one brand. Particularly once you get down to really low doses.

I am so glad you finally got some relief! Now I hope that translates into some sleep tonight.

No , I haven't started taper. I will hold for a month and see how I feel. I just got a really bad headache now but it is to be expected I guess. I seated doing something here at home and I guess I got a little overwhelmed and trigger the headache and nauseous.

I will contact you when is time to taper so ypu can tell me how to achieve those 5-10% cuts.  

Edited by [ca...]
  • Like 1

[Le...]
On 24/06/2024 at 12:42, [[c...] said:

Hi buddies, could you share how long your shortness of breath last during taper?? I can barely breathe besides not getting enough sleep is making it worse.

Thanks

Per clinical studies:

Sleep deprivation can negatively affect breathing and lung functionIt can impair the respiratory system's efficiency by: Causing respiratory muscle fatigue, Depressing the central nervous system, Impairing arousal responses to stimuli, and Impairing ventilatory drive

lasted until i exercised for me. slow improvement over two years but only daily exercise cured it. idk if it will return if i quit. not planning to find out. 

[ca...]

Hi Crono, I gave you a few days brake.  On my end no brakes. No sleep and I'm going crazy just having faith in God.  

Do you know if palpitations go back to normal once you ceasse the drug and your body starts to repair?

[Cr...]
15 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Do you know if palpitations go back to normal once you ceasse the drug and your body starts to repair?

If the palpitations are due to withdrawal/repairs from your previous cuts to clonazepam then they will subside over time. I know if seems unreal, but your body is still likely recovering from the 1.25+mg you cut all at once back in April.

Did switching to Teva provide any noticeable lasting benefits?

[ca...]
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

If the palpitations are due to withdrawal/repairs from your previous cuts to clonazepam then they will subside over time. I know if seems unreal, but your body is still likely recovering from the 1.25+mg you cut all at once back in April.

Did switching to Teva provide any noticeable lasting benefits?

They did but not on the sleep. Sleep still a huge issue. And I think that the shortness of breath is coming from the Mirtazapine as I cut 3.5mg. I have read a lot of posting about people being short of breath on Mirtazapine discontinuation as it affects your histamine.

Edited by [ca...]

[Cr...]
21 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

They did but not on the sleep. Sleep still a huge issue. And I think that the shortness of breath is coming from the Mirtazapine as I cut 3.5mg. I have read a lot of posting about people being short of breath on Mirtazapine discontinuation as it affects your histamine.

Was that cut made awhile ago? In your state might not want to make any more cuts to mirt until you stabilize on klonopin. Even then most people find it easier to withdrawal from one medication at a time.

[ca...]
2 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Was that cut made awhile ago? In your state might not want to make any more cuts to mirt until you stabilize on klonopin. Even then most people find it easier to withdrawal from one medication at a time.

No, it was a few days ago. I'm just trying to find the reasoning of taking a drug that is not working anymore guess is to avoid more symptoms. Crono, this is so freaking hard. Not sure which one is more damaging that the other. Life really sucks right now. As I always say, my only hope is having faith in God.

• Like 1

[Cr...]
20 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

No, it was a few days ago. I'm just trying to find the reasoning of taking a drug that is not working anymore guess is to avoid more symptoms. Crono, this is so freaking hard. Not sure which one is more damaging that the other. Life really sucks right now. As I always say, my only hope is having faith in God.

This process is definitely hard.  Faith can play a crucial role in keeping people moving forward. Just remember that it is often the most difficult periods in our lives that help us remember what is most important and what is trivial. These periods of struggling may greatly test us, but they can also help make us much more resilient and steadfast going forward.  In a sense, the bad times are more important for our character development than the good times are.

I fully understand the frustration with taking medications that do not feel like they are providing any benefits. Sadly they sometimes need to be taken to prevent even worse symptoms some occurring.

You have been dealing with shortness of breath for the past 3 months, so I assume it has gotten worse since you did a cut to your Mirtazapine? If you plan on keeping your mirt cut perhaps getting to a lower dose over time may help a little bit with sleep. I imagine it would be a big boost for you to finally get even a decent amount of sleep.