Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Gut issues

[da...]

Hey guys, 

i think my gut is badly affected, im not one to complain about physical symptoms, its always been mental symptoms. 

anyone guys know how to heal the gut , perhaps then my mental symptoms might ease up, even if its by a fragment of difference 

thanks

[Cr...]

As far as I know there isn't a way to heal the gut of withdrawal symptoms beyond time. What you can do is figure out if there are any diet changes that may lessen the symptoms.

For example, prior to withdrawal you may have found you could handle greasy food just fine, but now it causes stomach cramps every time. You may also learn you are more susceptible to acid reflux now and therefor may need to temporarily reduce foods that inflame it.

Don't do a drastic overhaul of your diet overnight. Just gradually introduce or take away certain types of foods until you learn what you tolerate the best.

If you specific what gut symptoms you are dealing with, some other members may be able to give you specific tips that helped them

[Ma...]

I found drinking Kefir-a natural probiotic and antibiotic-to do wonders for me.