Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Just some encouragement...

[tr...]

I come by and visit once and awhile, and it breaks my heart to see so many new ppl on here constantly in so much agony. I was you 4 years ago. Its hell.

I just want to give hope. It does get better. It's slow and a non-linear type of healing. There will be ups and downs and things we term as "setbacks" ( but theyre not - its just reactions). You will have to be very good and gentle to yourself. Low stress, healthy food, walks when able. Only fill your brain with positive things.

Sleep returns. The crying stops. Joy returns. Purpose returns. The pain and akasthesia goes. I'm able to tolerate some vitamins and supplements this year:) I can be "intimate" again. I can work aprt time and taek care of my home. I can handle normal amounts of stress. I can fly in a plane again.

I used to be a crazy multi tasker - now I know I need to live my life in balance to stay well. You. may have to change how you live to stay well. Caffeine and alcohol are not " my friend" anymore so I live without that and I'm ok with it. 

Aspects of me are still healing and I've come to surrender to that. 

And if you dear reader are in a dark place today - I say in earnest it is your job just to stay alive. Stay alive. It WILL get better. Cling to these words. 

With all my love to you all.

Trina75

• Like 9
  • Love 1