Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzos and Acid Reflux

[Di...]

Just curious if anyone started to suffer from reflux after or during their time on Benzos?

[vo...]
3 hours ago, [[D...] said:

Just curious if anyone started to suffer from reflux after or during their time on Benzos?

Yes, 11 mos. after benzos. so within the last month. I just started taking acid reflux meds again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[Jo...]

Yes @[Di...] I’m getting a bit closer to the finishing line of my taper off lorazepam and the reflux is terrible 😩

Edited by [Jo...]

[Ma...]
5 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Yes @[Di...] I’m getting closer to finishing my taper off lorazepam and the reflux is terrible 😩

What is ur dose at ? And I hope this improves for us!!

[Jo...]
3 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

What is ur dose at ? And I hope this improves for us!!

I’m at 0.31mgs now and yes hope it improves for us but as I’m typing I can feel it rising up to  my throat 🤢

[Jo...]
Just now, [[J...] said:

I’m at 0.31mgs now and yes hope it improves for us but as I’m typing I can feel it rising up to  my throat 🤢

What dose are you at @[Ma...]?

[Ma...]

0.045 mg. Been microtapering 0.01 mg a day. I know I should prob jump but I’m just getting worse and I’m afraid 

[Jo...]
9 hours ago, [[M...] said:

0.045 mg. Been microtapering 0.01 mg a day. I know I should prob jump but I’m just getting worse and I’m afraid 

You’ve done so well to get to 0.045, I’ve still got prob 4-5 months to go on my taper and the thought of jumping scares me too, I’ve just got my loraz compounded by compounding pharmacy for the last few months of my taper as it’s so hard to weigh on my scales now and I’m scared to use the capsules they made incase they’re not weighed properly 🫣 .

How do you weigh such a small amount?

• Like 1

[bw...]

Be careful taking ppis and especially pepcid. Had an acute setback at 5yrs. Now at year 7. Acute. Hell daily.

Be warned.

Slipperly elm bark powder is safe and works for me. Sometimes. Other times I just deal with chronic reflux everyday.

[Ma...]
12 hours ago, [[J...] said:

You’ve done so well to get to 0.045, I’ve still got prob 4-5 months to go on my taper and the thought of jumping scares me too, I’ve just got my loraz compounded by compounding pharmacy for the last few months of my taper as it’s so hard to weigh on my scales now and I’m scared to use the capsules they made incase they’re not weighed properly 🫣 .

How do you weigh such a small amount?

Thank you! I have a lab grade scale and I shave off amounts every day. 

12 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Be careful taking ppis and especially pepcid. Had an acute setback at 5yrs. Now at year 7. Acute. Hell daily.

Be warned.

Slipperly elm bark powder is safe and works for me. Sometimes. Other times I just deal with chronic reflux everyday.

Oh I’m so sorry!! If you need anyone to talk to I’m here 🤍 prayers for you