Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Low testosterone or benzo withdrawal?

[S_...]

Hi guys so as you might know from my previous post I mentioned that I got severe wave after masturbateing but I did some research about testosterone and realised masturbation can decrease it and if it drops too low it can give you feelings of sense of impending doom so I don't really know what going on do you guys think it might be testosterone issue or just wave ? My symptoms are sense of impending doom and anxiety and sinking feeling sensation like something is low in my body I don't know how to explain it. What do u guys think ? Should I do some hormone checkups? And if it is low will it naturally go up or do I need treatment ? Anyone here with this issue ?

• 1 month later...
[PE...]
On 24/06/2024 at 11:15, [[S...] said:

Hi guys so as you might know from my previous post I mentioned that I got severe wave after masturbateing but I did some research about testosterone and realised masturbation can decrease it and if it drops too low it can give you feelings of sense of impending doom so I don't really know what going on do you guys think it might be testosterone issue or just wave ? My symptoms are sense of impending doom and anxiety and sinking feeling sensation like something is low in my body I don't know how to explain it. What do u guys think ? Should I do some hormone checkups? And if it is low will it naturally go up or do I need treatment ? Anyone here with this issue ?

Hi.

So one masturbate cause a decreased testo level?

No.. i don't think so. 

• Like 1

[He...]

Agree with pepe. You’re digging too deep into research without the appropriate education (I’m assuming) to really dissect it and understand the conditions under which these phenomena happen. If you’re worried about testosterone levels it’s a super cheap blood test you can get if you don’t have insurance. 

if anything AT ALL physiologically the hormone and vascular changes after orgasm may cause some anxiety, or the fact that you now associate the activity with anxiety, is causing the anxiety. 

my best advice is to stop reading so much on the internet , there’s some crazy rabbit holes you can fall down. Every syndrome causes every symptom. ☺️ see a doctor if you’re very concerned about your testosterone and they can chat with you more about the challenges you’re facing  

best wishes ! 

• Like 1

@[S_...] it's not your testosterone.  It's probably just coincidence a wave came on after you masterbated.  Orgasm causes significant activation in the brain which I guess theoretically could contribute to a wave.  But if this was true everyone on this forum would be having some serious problems lol.  

Hang in there dude.  It's probably just a shitty wave of coincidence that will pass.  If getting your testosterone check will give you peace of mind go do it.  It is a simple blood test.