Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Masturbation triggered symptoms :(

[S_...]

Did anyone else masturbate during withdrawal and did it negatively effect you ? I feel like I permenantly ruined my brain because I was only 8 months out and did it :( I should've waited atleast a year. I was doing soo well guys I just got too comfortable and thought I was healed and now the wave is with me for the past 5 days. Anyone else had this experience ? 

• Wow 1

[be...]

I feel like I'm sexually defunt. I feel like I'm a monk. 51 days passed and I can't msturbate or get an erection.

• Sad 1

[PE...]
12 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Did anyone else masturbate during withdrawal and did it negatively effect you ? I feel like I permenantly ruined my brain because I was only 8 months out and did it :( I should've waited atleast a year. I was doing soo well guys I just got too comfortable and thought I was healed and now the wave is with me for the past 5 days. Anyone else had this experience ? 

What!?? You hadent done it for 8 months??

Never heard of it having a negative effect. 

[PE...]

I belive it's healthy for the brain. Learning it to feel good by itself again. With some help from you if course 😁

[S_...]

@[PE...] no I also did it when I was 4 months in my benzo withdrawal but I didn't not feel anything just a tiny wave but now on my 8 month I did it again and went into full blown wave I really don't understand how :( did this permenantly ruin my receptors ? I heard it hits the dopamine receptors. Will I recover from this ? :( I don't even touch alchohol

• Wow 1

[S_...]

I only did it twice for the past 8 month why do I feel soo awful :( did you have this experience ? And how long were you out when you did it again ? I should've waited atleast a year I'm panicking again coz i feel like I'm back at square one :(

[S_...]

@[be...] I know how you feel I was the same on my second month but eventually my libido started coming back 

[PE...]
4 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

@[PE...] no I also did it when I was 4 months in my benzo withdrawal but I didn't not feel anything just a tiny wave but now on my 8 month I did it again and went into full blown wave I really don't understand how :( did this permenantly ruin my receptors ? I heard it hits the dopamine receptors. Will I recover from this ? :( I don't even touch alchohol

Noooo it wont!! Dopamine receptors manage that fine. That's what they are made for!

• Like 2

[De...]

you know once i was thinking that blueberries bring wave to me but then i tried it couple times more And its turn out it has nothing to do with them. Just wave windows pattern randomly. 
i think masturbation is really healthy And can helps us relax And get rid of some Tenison we have. (Ofcourse if you feel good enough to have need for it And to do it) 

i hope your wave pass quickly And you feel good again! 

• Like 2

[no...]
1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

Yep! it's common in both sexes  I'm female can't masturbate as it makes my symptoms worse, I'm still tapering but its common on free people as well as those doing tapers, but if I feel really  want to I do it anyway which isn't that often at all due to this hell taper and I like sex but no way could I tolerate actually doing the full Monty at all

• Like 2

[no...]

PS would like to add it also affects the female version of an 'erection' as in can't achieve it

[S_...]

@[De...] @[no...] do you guys think there could also be an issue with my testosterone levels ? Should I get my hormones checked ? I heard low testosterone can cause sense of impending doom which I kind of have right now and feel extremely weak i was perfect before this it was such a stupid move i dont know why i did it . Can hormone therapy negatively effect my recovery ? I don't know what going on guys I'm soo confused my mind is racing like crazy. 

[no...]

By all means it it will give you peace of mind get your testosterone levels checked over but the impending doom thing is a huge common symptom  with withdrawal  and healing.  Also it’s  by reading your post you are very anxious and the more you think about it. the worst the anxiety is getting try and find something to distract yourself. PC TV reading a  Hobbie, if you have any. go for a walk whatever you feel capable of doing it will pass I know it feels like it never will, but it will pass eventually.. 

Edited by [no...]
  • Like 2

[De...]

I really don’t know anything about that. Maybe someone will show up who will give you more info on that. I think if you are so worried about it check your levels And you will see. But before everything try to relax. It will pass for sure. Its just one wave. You will heal in some time! 

• Like 1

[De...]

And you have to be aware if you do get result And they are low how will you know its permanent? Did you ever checked that before? Did you had problems with that in the past? Best thing to do is to wait for little more to see if this wave pass. I read little about sex things trough the site And some people did have changes in libido during wd. So Maybe its everything you are expirience now actually very normal for wd And waves. Just have patiance And don’t rush to the conclusion. Try not to panic. It will pass! 

• Like 2

[1c...]
3 hours ago, [[S...] said:

it was such a stupid move i dont know why i did it

Hey bud, dont punish yourself for this, is totally normal and at least for men is even necesary to prevent prostate cancer, we need to do it in order to "clean the pipes".

I have done it while tapering and had good and bad reactions, the days i was good and no symptoms i could do it and nothing bad happened, the days i was in a wave and not feeling well, if i did it i felt worst and triggered, i do believe it has something to do with excitement cause it did triggered me before the benzos, i had anxiety and panic disorder and masturbate could trigger big time.

I agree @[no...] that you might be over anxious and that could be affecting your sensitivity and getting trigger by trivial things.

Best wishes for you.

[S_...]

@[De...] yea true even if it was a hormone issue it might not be permenant I have to give it some time and see. I'm just worried my body won't be able to naturally stabilize hormones after the benzo withdrawal and I might need hormone therapy in the future which I don't want because that itself has alot of side effects . Ughh I don't know I just hope this is just a stupid wave :( also I panicked and started taking multivitamins for the past 3 days because i thought maybe it could be my nutrients but i stopped because I heard people saying multivitamins can have benzo like effects on you is that true ? Takeing it for 3 days won't do anything right ? 

[S_...]

@[Do...] hi dolvian I'm actually a female I know that this is natural and I never had a problem with this before this whole benzo thing but I immediately felt bad after I did it and for the past 8 month into my withdrawal I only did it twice ! I honestly don't know anymore nothing in my body works the same like it use to be I'm just really worried I screwed up my hormones or something because my body is already severely injured and I'm scared it won't be able to naturally stabilise itself and what if I would need hormone therapy or something :( I was doing soo well and my mood was at the top now I feel soo weak and unmotivated and can't even go to the gym anymore  I don't know why in the world I did this ! I should've waited atleast a year :( will I recover from this ? 

[S_...]

@[Do...] also I panicked and took a multivitamin for the past 3 days it wasn't even a good quality supplement now I feel like that also further ruined my recovery. This whole process is soo frustrating I want to be normal again :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

[mr...]

I use to be a sex god until benzos it also triggers my symptoms so i just dont do it anymore sadly

too much stimulation for my damaged brain i guess

• Sad 1

[Kr...]
11 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Never heard of it having a negative effect. 

I’ve read and seen videos where it does have effects that can trigger the CNS. 

it will be okay.

• Like 2

[PE...]

Ok thanks for the information @[Kr...]. When thinking about it I think I had a "break" without planning for my first 3 months. Hard to do it when having akathisia and vomiting. Hands are full already (laugh)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[PE...]
4 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[Do...] hi dolvian I'm actually a female I know that this is natural and I never had a problem with this before this whole benzo thing but I immediately felt bad after I did it and for the past 8 month into my withdrawal I only did it twice ! I honestly don't know anymore nothing in my body works the same like it use to be I'm just really worried I screwed up my hormones or something because my body is already severely injured and I'm scared it won't be able to naturally stabilise itself and what if I would need hormone therapy or something :( I was doing soo well and my mood was at the top now I feel soo weak and unmotivated and can't even go to the gym anymore  I don't know why in the world I did this ! I should've waited atleast a year :( will I recover from this ? 

I can imagine it triggers anxiety after if that's a problem..

[bw...]

Orgasm,ejaculation release histamine.

This is the issue. Be careful.

• Like 1

[PE...]
3 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Orgasm,ejaculation release histamine.

This is the issue. Be careful.

I take my chances..living life on the edge..

• Haha 1