Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My head feels like rubber and numbness in the head

[be...]

I still have some electricity but what is also weird is that my head feels like rubber and I have numbness in the head. It is like 24/7. It is not like I sometimes randomly get it. They are not brain zaps.

Sometimes I feel like there is a small pencil lead in the brain.

Does anyone have that feeling too? 

Edited by [be...]

[kn...]

My head and brain felt like it had a steel band around it and someone was tightening it. This went on for months. At the same time, I had a similar sensation to what you’re describing as numbness as well. This also went on for months. My head actually felt like it was detached from my body and just floated along while I walked. All of this went away eventually, but it was horrible while it lasted. 

[Kr...]
8 hours ago, [[k...] said:

My head and brain felt like it had a steel band around it and someone was tightening it. This went on for months. At the same time, I had a similar sensation to what you’re describing as numbness as well. This also went on for months. My head actually felt like it was detached from my body and just floated along while I walked. All of this went away eventually, but it was horrible while it lasted. 

What are your symptoms now? 

• Like 1

[kn...]

Granted, all this comes and goes, but right now, I have neuropathy in my feet and legs, I’m in an overly warm room, or so the family says, but I’m wrapped in a blanket and freezing to death. Tremors keep my feet in motion. My joints are sore. and I have shortness of breath. When I have a window, it alllll goes away. 

[Kr...]

That’s  how you know you won’t be dealing with paws. When it all goes away in a window.

How much longer do you plan on tapering? 3 years so far, right?

• Like 1

[Kr...]
11 hours ago, [[k...] said:

Ah same!! When did it disappear? I’m 9 weeks off 

• Like 1

[kn...]

The ‘head stuff’ went away after the first year. I had to get away from a nazi provider who didn’t believe in shaving pills.  The only tool allowed was a pill cutter and the cuts for the first five months were 10 mgs at a time. Glad I didn’t have a seizure. Now that you’re getting so far out, you should be up for some relief soon. Best of everything.