Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

update

[Fa...]

It's been 4 months since I've taken anything, I have a lot of anxiety, irritability and a lot of brain fog, I started going out a little more and started going to the gym, many symptoms have decreased in intensity but they are there, I've taken xanax for 3 months, Will I have much left to recover?

[Pa...]

Hi @[Fa...], its wonderful to hear you're participating in life a little more, this is the best thing you can do.  I know its difficult because you still feel awful but in time, your symptoms will leave, one by one. 

In my time here, I've seen short term users like you recover in weeks and months, while long term users typically recover in terms of months and years.  I know its taking way too long but the fact you can acknowledge some of your symptoms have decreased in intensity is a major milestone. 

[Fa...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

Hi @[Fa...], its wonderful to hear you're participating in life a little more, this is the best thing you can do.  I know its difficult because you still feel awful but in time, your symptoms will leave, one by one. 

In my time here, I've seen short term users like you recover in weeks and months, while long term users typically recover in terms of months and years.  I know its taking way too long but the fact you can acknowledge some of your symptoms have decreased in intensity is a major milestone. 

Thank you very much for answering !! Yes, it is very difficult to have a normal life, the anxiety and other symptoms are terrible, I have to thank the people here who encourage me to continue, like you! , I still have the fear and anxiety of not knowing when I will be myself again.

• Like 1

[Js...]

Happy that you are going to the gym @[Fa...] it really helps to sweat and feel good. 

Take everything one step at a time and congrats on your milestone for getting out more.

I remember not being able to look in someone's eyes without shaking, now I am slightly better. I celebrate the "slightly" each and every day. I hope you do too!

<3

• Like 2

[Fa...]
15 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Happy that you are going to the gym @[Fa...] it really helps to sweat and feel good. 

Take everything one step at a time and congrats on your milestone for getting out more.

I remember not being able to look in someone's eyes without shaking, now I am slightly better. I celebrate the "slightly" each and every day. I hope you do too!

<3

thank you so much !! Yes, I know that feeling very well haha, it is a tremendous effort to do everyday things, right now I am dealing with some brutal mood swings

• Like 1