Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

2 months on K pin

[Sa...]

I need help. I’ve been on kpin for 2 months at .25 for sleep but am having some adverse reactions like more moodiness and just uncomfortable feeling. I’d like to taper but I have been polydrugged and know I’m kindling. What can I do? How should I taper and what method? The shaving pills seems too difficult. I have two little babies. I need help. 

Edited by [Sa...]

[Cr...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies @[Sa...].

It is very common for benzos to affect mood and even cause depression. There are many other members dealing with similar issues. Since you have been on klonopin for two months that is more than enough time for physical dependence to occur, so tapering off at a decent rate is probably the best way to help you with the current side effects you have.

The good news is you are not on that large of a dose and while 2 months is enough time to reach physical dependence, it is not that long relatively speaking and thus you may possibly recover quickly.

Is your doctor aware of your desire to come off klonopin?

[Sa...]

Yes but they always recommend halfving pills which I know I can’t do. I don’t want to taper for several months either since I’ve been on for only two and make things worse: what is the best way 10 percent 20 percent for how long, what method? 

[Cr...]

Would you like to start a new topic over at Benzodiazepine Taper Strategies (Planning)?

You will get a lot of help and suggestions from many other members that have tapered or are still tapering.  They will help with creating a taper plan based on your situation and goals. A rapid taper off of .25 mgs of Klonopin should not be too complicated to set up.

[Cr...]
8 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Yes how do I do that? 

Was going to tell you but I see you already figured it out :thumbsup: Aside from taper planning, if you need any support from fellow members regarding symptoms or the withdrawal process in general, feel free to start a topic and we will all do our best to help you out.

• Love 1