Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trouble swallowing

I have an increasing situation with swallowing and a choking feeling. Also feels like I need to release this with a burp that doesn't come.

What's happening?

[in...]

I've got a similar problem. For me personally it feels like I can't breathe when I need to eat. I almost faint from eating since I'm so focused on the panic. It's super wierd.

So I try to eat half a portion, relax for a while and then go back to eating. Sometimes I eat less so that I don't have to feel that panicky feeling.

I know I shouldn't avoid the situation but it makes me so nervous and scared since I don't want to risk choking on the food.

[He...]

This is one of my symptoms. I think it’s sign of anxiety. I think that I can’t breathe and swallow. I’m in a setback but I had this symptom after my CT. I was so scared that I went to so different doctors that couldn’t find what was happening to me so their decision was to give me more meds. It’s going better with time according to my experience.

[Ma...]

Eat very small amounts at a time a slowly. Look at it as a meditation. Breathe, relax your body and be mindful of each bite.

• Like 1

[st...]

I had this hard to swallow, choking feeling for about 2 years during the taper/withdrawal. I ate soft foods during this time, like organic oatmeal, lentils, avocados, not to feel it. It went away after that. I think that my neurons were so sensitive that even the slightest change anywhere in my body was amplified X 100.

• Like 1