Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Not sure what’s going on with me.

[Pa...]

So ten days ago I had dental work done. I didn’t get antibiotic so I can rule that out. I did get I believe Novacaine tho. But about 48 hours later my heart rate started to spike after I eat, I get palpitations and either a cortisol or adrenaline spike. This is horrible. I am now 4 1/2 years out. Is this still withdrawal syndrome? It’s hard because I don’t have anyone to talk to about this. My wife doesn’t understand and I can’t say anything to her without an argument at this point. Will this ever end? I’m giving up hope. At first I was thinking I would be great at three years, then I said ok well 6 more months. Then I was like I’ll give it 4 years and I’ll be doing great. Now I’m on 5 years come Thanksgiving. So what, now do I just say ok at 6 years I’ll be good. I’m just tired of the setbacks. I’m just venting here. I’ll push through but man is this getting old now. 

[Go...]

Sounds like withdrawal symptoms.  Our CNS is still really sensitive even years after. 

I had a bout of this recently, it is fading as of today.   It will get better, just takes time and patience.  Hang in there! 

Edited by [Go...]

[Pa...]

Aw @[Pa...], I'm so sorry to know this is still happening to you.  The longer I'm around this community, the more I realize how powerless we are when it comes to figuring out why any of this happens.  I used to think I could make sense of things, figure out reasons why, use logic to determine why some people struggle years later but I've given up on that thinking.

I don't have any answers, but I absolutely believe what you're still dealing with is a result of the drug, I just don't know why.  I can see your wife and probably most of the people in your life are doubting you, but I'm not, I just wanted to let you know I hear you and I'm so very sorry.

You know these symptoms, we all do, we recognize them, there is nothing else in our experience that resembles these feelings we get, we know instantly what they are but we ourselves doubt it because it makes no sense to be suffering this long.  But because these symptoms are so recognizable, we have to believe they're the result of our benzodiazepine experience.  

I hope this latest setback will fade soon, but I know you probably live in fear of the next one, I know I would. 

• Like 1