Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Adrenaline Rushes

[Go...]

Hello All - 

I am currently sitting at 5 weeks ct.  It has been pretty awful.  I was on Ativan (Lorazepam) for 9 weeks.  Very early on I was getting interdose withdrawals.  Panic attacks, twitches, akathisia, etc. 

Along with these, I had adrenaline spikes.  Completely randomly.  Reading, driving, sitting anywhere.  

I have not experienced them since I cold turkeyed.  At all - until about 3 days ago. It started just a couple times.  Then the next day it got worse and now today, well.  Let’s be honest here, I haven’t emerged from bedroom because everything is making my adrenaline spike.  

Please.  Please tell me this is normal?  

[jo...]

very normal in acute. Do you wake up to your heart beating out of your chest in a state of panic?

[Go...]
16 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

very normal in acute. Do you wake up to your heart beating out of your chest in a state of panic?

This can’t still be acute?  Do you think so?  That’s a startling thought.  I had really bad symptoms for about a week - akathisia, convulsions, agoraphobia, hypnotic spasms, muscle spasms, sensory issues, etc.  The extreme ones have gotten better, but now this one has popped back up.  

[jo...]

From what I can gather from here the average is around 3 months for acute. I would say mine lasted around 2 months. It can vary a lot though so dont take that as concrete. Some people go through their acute and that's it their better. Some dont seem to suffer much at all although your unlikely to find those people on here.

What your going through really isn't out of the ordinary for this so try not to worry yourself. I know thats easier said than done! I'm sure you will see more improvements soon enough. It is also common for some symptoms to pop back up although the severe ones are usually pretty much done with in acute. At least they aren't so persistant afterwards.

Look into windows and waves as this is a common experience for people after acute. Hopefully you'll be better before too long. None of us know our timeline. It could be over sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

[Go...]

Thank you!  I didn’t think of this as still being Acute.  

All of those darn “Rehab Info” says it lasts 3-5 days.  What an absolute joke!  

[jo...]
1 minute ago, [[G...] said:

Thank you!  I didn’t think of this as still being Acute.  

All of those darn “Rehab Info” says it lasts 3-5 days.  What an absolute joke!  

that stuff isn't to be taken seriously. For some people that is true but not everyone unfortunately. Far from it. The acute phase just means the most servere phase. you can see improvement during this phase for sure, but you will still be suffering quite servere and persistant symptoms. Like I say I noticed signifficant improvement after around 2 months. There were improvements along the way but thats when I felt some real relief for the first time. I then entered the windows and waves pattern.

• Like 1

[jo...]

Mabey it was 2 1/2 months actually when I think about it. My memory isn't great at the moment:LOL:it will happen for you though!

• Like 1

[Go...]
19 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

that stuff isn't to be taken seriously. For some people that is true but not everyone unfortunately. Far from it. The acute phase just means the most servere phase. you can see improvement during this phase for sure, but you will still be suffering quite servere and persistant symptoms. Like I say I noticed signifficant improvement after around 2 months. There were improvements along the way but thats when I felt some real relief for the first time. I then entered the windows and waves pattern.

Thank you!  That actually gives me a lot more hope.  I have been pushing though anxiety and other symptoms like mad, just trying to live day to day.  Thinking, if I wasn’t convulsing on my bed, this was the new normal to be expected. 

[Go...]
19 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Mabey it was 2 1/2 months actually when I think about it. My memory isn't great at the moment:LOL:it will happen for you though!

And yes!  Brain fog!!! Makes me want to pull out my hair - if it wasn’t already coming out on it’s own 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1