Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

All alone

[no...]

Hi, I have not been on this site for a while so I feel new. I got kicked off of beating benzos facebook group. There were horror stories and negative posts so I questioned the validity of there posts and apparently admin didn't like that.

I am feeling all alone in this as my mother has not spoken to me in months (knowing what I am going through), my nieces have not contacted me in months, my sister is even fading away. My friends have all but gone. I am left alone going through this brutal process and am just looking for some inspiration and hope, thank you.

• Like 1

[PE...]
38 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hi, I have not been on this site for a while so I feel new. I got kicked off of beating benzos facebook group. There were horror stories and negative posts so I questioned the validity of there posts and apparently admin didn't like that.

I am feeling all alone in this as my mother has not spoken to me in months (knowing what I am going through), my nieces have not contacted me in months, my sister is even fading away. My friends have all but gone. I am left alone going through this brutal process and am just looking for some inspiration and hope, thank you.

Hi.

Yeah it seem common.. all I have except bb atm is my mother. 

• Like 1

[Cr...]
2 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Welcome back notfeelingwell. There can be a lot of passion brought out in people when discussing withdrawal/recovery issues outside of the support dynamic. We have a section on this site called 'Chewing the Fat' where you are free to discuss issues like permanent damage, suffering, protracted withdrawal, laws, and personal theories. If done so respectfully and without directly challenging that validity of the suffering of a specific member, or broad category of people, you should not have an issue.

I am not sure exactly what statements got you kicked out of the other group, but since it is impossible for anyone to judge the severity, length, and source of another person/group's suffering with absolute certainty, members need to be cautious with the words used to express their opinions. If you suspect other factors may be at play be sure make it known you are stating possibilities and what you 'think' may be going on when referencing other people and their struggles.

This is a benzodiazepine withdrawal site, so it will attract a lot of the worst case scenarios. Keep in mind that a lot of the rarest cases will be using this forum.

• Like 2

[Mu...]

it’s OK friend, you’ll never be alone as long as you have benzo buddies. Several of the buddies have posted of their families rejecting their illness. Some just don’t understand the withdrawal symptoms and others just don’t care. Try to reach out to buddies in the same timeline as yourself . PM and communicate with them, there’s no reason for you to be alone.

• Like 2

[Mo...]

Absolutely, we all want to help each other. Even tho I have a supportive husband, I still feel very alone because no one can understand what we are really going thru like us. Like Music said, the buddies are here for you. Even tho we ourselves don't really understand exactly why we are going thru the things we are, we can still reach out and relate to each other.

• Like 1

[jo...]
Just now, [[M...] said:

Absolutely, we all want to help each other. Even tho I have a supportive husband, I still feel very alone because no one can understand what we are really going thru like us. Like Music said, the buddies are here for you. Even tho we ourselves don't really understand exactly why we are going thru the things we are, we can still reach out and relate to each other.

well said.

[Mo...]
2 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

well said.

Thanks Buddie - your comment helped me heal a little more::)

• Love 1