Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I made it!!

[Ni...]

[Ni...]

I was on Xanax for 10 years. The past year has been painful and I was losing everything because I was an overly medicated lump. The last month has been very hard. 30 day taper that felt like months. I had brain zaps, dizzy black outs whenever I stood up, vomiting, headaches and so much more. I have made it to the other side. All my withdrawal symptoms are gone. I am ready for work again. I’m planning vacations. I have zero desire to go back to the last 10 years that robbed me of my life. I took Xanax to help me with anxiety and panic to only turn into a shell of a person. I may not be sleeping 100% but I am feeling great. I was terrified of not having it because that’s all I knew. Now I know I never want to take another pill for the rest of my life. I was trapped in a body I didn’t want to be in. Now I’m testing drug free and I can’t believe how amazing life is. I had forgotten! Everything I read I thought being on this side would be hard and filled with symptoms but it’s not for me. I pushed and suffered for 30 days hoping I would feel this way. I made it and it’s better than I can remember! All journeys are different and it’s very personal. None are right or wrong. This one was right for me. Thanks for all the support from all of you. I didn’t feel alone when I felt so alone. I made it! 

• Like 6
  • Love 11

[Ha...]
11 hours ago, [[N...] said:

I was on Xanax for 10 years. The past year has been painful and I was losing everything because I was an overly medicated lump. The last month has been very hard. 30 day taper that felt like months. I had brain zaps, dizzy black outs whenever I stood up, vomiting, headaches and so much more. I have made it to the other side. All my withdrawal symptoms are gone. I am ready for work again. I’m planning vacations. I have zero desire to go back to the last 10 years that robbed me of my life. I took Xanax to help me with anxiety and panic to only turn into a shell of a person. I may not be sleeping 100% but I am feeling great. I was terrified of not having it because that’s all I knew. Now I know I never want to take another pill for the rest of my life. I was trapped in a body I didn’t want to be in. Now I’m testing drug free and I can’t believe how amazing life is. I had forgotten! Everything I read I thought being on this side would be hard and filled with symptoms but it’s not for me. I pushed and suffered for 30 days hoping I would feel this way. I made it and it’s better than I can remember! All journeys are different and it’s very personal. None are right or wrong. This one was right for me. Thanks for all the support from all of you. I didn’t feel alone when I felt so alone. I made it! 

Wow! 30 days is a super fast taper! You're very lucky. Congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Js...]

Happy for you. 

I hope you update us in the many days to come! :thumbsup:

• Love 1

[Kr...]

Xanax is tough to taper but seems it doesn’t have long lasting post wd side effects like the others.

How wonderful for you!

xo

• Love 1

[La...]

:clap:congratulations.  Sounds like you had a very short WD and healing. Wow! 

[Kr...]
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, [[v...] said:

❤️

Edited by [Kr...]

• 3 weeks later...
[wi...]

What an incredible story.

Thank you so much for coming back to let us know how you’re doing.

The hope you’re sending out is saving tons of people!

Much Love

• 2 weeks later...
[Sh...]

That's great ! hope this is a lasting healing and you start enjoying the life that was robbed of you 

[Ja...]

Your recovery is nothing short of a miracle. I am delighted for you.  God bless.

I am 10 months post taper after 24 years on Dalmane 15mg.  I have gone through all that you describe in withdrawal. I can say I am much improved at this stage, but not ready to write my success story yet.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ta...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [ta...]
    • [Br...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [be...]
    • [li...]