Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help & Support Please

[Re...]

I am having a rough day today. I ate something that made tinnitus and skin burning surge. I have these reactions to foods most of the time after I eat and I eat clean. I am so disturbed by this. Tinnitus and inner vibrations are the symptoms that make me feel like I cannot go on. If they went away I could handle the other symptoms I have although my life would still be limited. I am almost a year off of being polydrugged, last drug was Seroquel, and over 21 months off of benzos. Due to caretaker fatigue, I recently became estranged from one of my last living relatives who kicked me out of my home where I was living while recovering and pulled the rug out from underneath me financially. I am unhoused and not being provided with assistance I need to find a stable home and I have been unable to generate work. I had to leave my home of many years and relocate to a new city because I couldn't afford to live there anymore. Nobody I am meeting here knows I am as sick as I am.

The symptoms that cause me the most pain are tongue burning, frozen shoulder, hyperacusis and others I am too tired to list. I still have short bouts of akathisia but just the internal ones. I constantly feel at my wit's end and like I cannot go on like this. CONSTANTLY. There is not a day that I have any peace. I thought by now I would at least have some sort of window but I have not. If I heal with as severe as things have become it will be a miracle. I have been trying to make this hell a distant memory but life does not seem to be allowing me to do so.

Any help and support would be greatly appreciated. These additional circumstances have made my life feel surreal.

[Al...]

Hi @[Re...]

I'm truly sorry to hear that you're going through such a tough time. It's heartbreaking how much these drugs can impact our lives. I really hope things will improve for you soon.

[Re...]
6 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Hi @[Re...]

I'm truly sorry to hear that you're going through such a tough time. It's heartbreaking how much these drugs can impact our lives. I really hope things will improve for you soon.

Thank you. I appreciate that you took the time to reply.

• Like 1

[vo...]

@[Re...] I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. It sounds like not only are you dealing with the effects of these drugs which is more than tolerable, but an unstable place to live. Have you checked with social services in your area to see if there is somewhere you can go?  Can you call 611 to see if they can help? If it is difficult for you to find services, I would be more than happy to research help for you on my laptop. Let me know.

• Like 1

Rebecca,  I think of you often and am sorry you are handling all these stressful situations while being so unwell. Praying for your health and wellbeing. I know I'm half way across the world from you, but if there's anything I can do to help , I most certainly will. Just DM me please.

Many hugs Rebecca!

• Like 1

[Re...]
On 24/06/2024 at 08:05, [[v...] said:

@[Re...] I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. It sounds like not only are you dealing with the effects of these drugs which is more than tolerable, but an unstable place to live. Have you checked with social services in your area to see if there is somewhere you can go?  Can you call 611 to see if they can help? If it is difficult for you to find services, I would be more than happy to research help for you on my laptop. Let me know.

@[vo...] I have been staying in nightly housing and trying to find a temporary place for a couple of months while I try to figure out some work opportunities. Getting money flowing is of utmost importance and finding profitable work-from-home opportunities. I have solid skills and education. I don't need help now researching, but if I do, I can reach out.